wifi calling
kblgy
Enthusiast - Level 3

so lets see...  the s6 got wifi calling back in December right? the iPhone 6 has it also now,  so it has been roughly around 5 months they have tested it on at least one devise and we still are waiting for it? 

When will we be seeing this happen for us? I coukld really use it at work since I have no signal and was so happy to see it was going to happen and now I just wait, and wait , and wait..

we even have marshmallow and still we wait.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
Re: wifi calling
AGB2BPro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was going to ask the same thing. I preferred the Droid over the S6 but now wondering if I should have gone Samsung due to wireless calling feature.

0 Likes
kblgy
Enthusiast - Level 3

why doesn't Verizon reply to this?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Even if they did, you are not going to like the answer.  Which is "We have no information. Check the news center for updates."

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bennor3814
Contributor - Level 1

You won't get an answer other than for them to point you to either their news page: Verizon Wireless News Center

Or to the supported WiFi Calling device page: Smartphones | Verizon Wireless

Could be their silence on the issue means that all 13 phones that currently have WiFi calling is all the current phones who will get WiFi calling. I would love for them to give a solid answer on if those phones, like phones from Motorola, that are not currently listed will ever receive WiFi Calling. My guess is that they are only activating WiFi Calling on their flagship phones and everyone else, including those who recently bought phones will be left out in the cold. The WiFi Calling will be a selling feature to a select few (probably more expensive) phones.

0 Likes
millerman61
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would consider the Turbo 2 Verizon's flagship phone since you can not purchase it from any other carrier.  It is exclusive to them.

0 Likes
Re: Re: wifi calling
bennor3814
Contributor - Level 1

It may be exclusive to VZW but generally the Motorola line isn't a big seller, rather Apple, Samsung, LG are the top sellers and as such unsurprisingly the recent phones from those brands are the ones that currently support WiFi calling. There is a single phone, from HTC, other than phones from Apple, Samsung and LG on the supported WiFi Calling page (Smartphones | Verizon Wireless).

Chart is a bit dated but shows the breakdown form q1 last year.

US-Q1-2015-Smartphone-Share-By-Carriers-Counterpoint-Research.jpg2.png

0 Likes
Re: Re: wifi calling
Tidbits
Legend

The problem is it just got approved not long ago. Wi-Fi calling requires additional testing.  T-Mobile the first carrier to offer it worldwide had growing pains and in their first year of approval had 1 device that supported it. The following year 6. A lot of their older devices never seen Wi-Fi calling. All carriers in their fist year were pretty selective and majority of the older devices did not get an update to add Wi-Fi calling.

0 Likes
kblgy
Enthusiast - Level 3

it does not change the fact this is a Verizon exclusive and a flagship phone. should be treated better then has been.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Does not change the fact the FCC only recently approved them. Doesn't change the fact carriers don't touch the code like people think. Manufacturers admitting multiple times carriers have less control than people think they do.

0 Likes