Re: wifi or 3g with network extender
Sled_Dog_66

I am also experiencing the same issue.  I live in a poor signal coverage area, and I have an older Samsung Network extender that is for voice signal only, no data.  I have a 5MB broadband pipe into my home.  When I connect my Droid Turbo via wireless to my home wireless network, I cannot connect to the Network Extender.  As soon as I disconnect from my home wireless network, the Network Extender connects to my Droid Turbo.  I agree with LogicallyRogue - the problem is not with my wireless network.  I also checked my advance Calling feature as suggested by Snn5, and it is not activated.  I can make and receive phone calls, but I experience dropped calls, which is why I use the Network Extender in the first place.  My biggest App issue is with Visual Voice Mail - I get recurring connection error messages when connected via home wireless network.  .  In addition, I don't get notified or have access to new voice mails unless I turn off wifi and get the voice signal connection through the Network Extender.  KevinR_VZW - please keep us posted when a fix becomes available - this is driving me nuts!   

0 Likes
Re: wifi or 3g with network extender
MayOui
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had this issue since I bought the phone in October. Really a PITA for those of us in low signal areas. Outrageous to be paying highest monthly prices and have most advanced phone and then have many many calls dropped, SMSs fail, Wi-Fi speeds crawling, visual Voicemail not working. I've replaced Samsung network extenders twice, tried three different new Droid Turbos, confirmed latest OTA installed and still have major issues with the problems described in this thread. VZW support claimed in January that VZW was telling stores they hoped to release a 4G network expender "soon" but still nothing. Ready to go to ATT....

0 Likes