wifi or 3g with network extender
zcraigs
Enthusiast - Level 3

ever since the 4.4.4 update, my droid turbo doesnt recognize the 3g on the network extender if the wifi is switched on. once I turn off the wifi, the 3g kicks on.

this makes it so I cannot receive mms messages unless i turn off the wifi. this was not the case before the update. any fixes?

Labels (2)
Re: wifi or 3g with network extender
zcraigs
Enthusiast - Level 3

let me add that when im not on the network extender, i can have the wifi and data on at the same time and I can receive mms messages. it's only while on the network extender that it is an either or situation

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your phone to perform at its best always zcraigs! While it is normal for some features to change after a software update, I am not able find anything in my resources indicating that this is normal behavior. Since this started after the latest software update, I recommend doing a factory reset to ensure that none of the previous software version system files are conflicting with latest software system files. Please follow steps at this link http://vz.to/1uY6UBO and test. **Uncheck at step 3 - Very important**.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zcraigs, thanks for those details. You will need to be connected to our network when sending and recieving multi-media and group messages on your device. Click here for more details regarding messaging http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
zcraigs
Enthusiast - Level 3

This didn't solve the issue. I still am not able to have data service ( for MMS ) and WiFi at the same time. This is only true while connected to the network extender.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for replying, zcraigs. It's regrettable that you're still having an issue. I see that at least one of our recommendations has not resolved this concern. Can you tell me which one you tried? Was it the factory reset?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
zcraigs
Enthusiast - Level 3

i did the factory reset. it did not resolve any issue. another member of the community said that the turbo is a 4g unit and wil not work on the 3g network extender. I disagree with this as it did before the update. however the same member stated that vzw messenging will send the mms over wifi, and i've proven this to be correct. It still seems that the update did not include the network extender in it's update

jc40
Enthusiast - Level 1

i am having this same issue. Will there be an update to fix this?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sure this is a frustrating situation. Sounds like we may need to check the Network Extender configuration with our engineers.  This would require a ticket needing to be filed for investigation. Have you spoken with our tech support team to get this done yet?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
LogicallyRogue
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm also seeing this issue.  I have a Samsung Wireless Extender from Verizon (that a former roommate left here) and a Droid Turbo from work.  My original Turbo was replaced due to screen damage - but same issue happened on both.

When on WiFi and Extender, the cell phone signal icon does not have the 3G or House icons.  Settings -> About Phone -> Status -> Network Strength and Status shows only 1x.  SMS Messages are significantly delayed or queued up for delivery later.  The Verizon voicemail app reports connection errors every few second. (it got so bad I had to forcibly disable the app)

If I turn off WiFi - the icon and About Phone report 3G and the house icon returns.  All SMS and voicemail app issues resolve themselves.

If I'm on WiFi without the extender, there are no problems.

Any more information I can provide?

0 Likes