Anonymous call blocking not working?
redhorseridge
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have turned on anonymous call blocking via the web page (FIOS voice options). I have made sure it is on and that anonymous call blocking is checked.  I just got a call that showed private on my phone caller id and anonymous on the FIOS voice web page when it listed my incoming calls.  But it was not blocked.

Am I doing something wrong? Anyone else have this problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Anonymous call blocking not working?
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

first turn off the A. call blocking, then try to turn ON A. blocking again.

View solution in original post

manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

first turn off the A. call blocking, then try to turn ON A. blocking again.

redhorseridge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I'll give that a try. I'm reasonably sure I have already done this, but it's easy enough to do.

0 Likes
paul17011
Enthusiast - Level 2

I turned on / enabled incoming call block through the fios digital voice verizon web page. I selected the ' buttons'  for both anonymous calls and specific calls. Once I add specific phone numbers I do not receive calls from those phone numbers.

I was having trouble with the anonymous option of incoming call block as I still received calls from 'Unavailable' caller id. In researching the verizon automated support I eventually came upon another feature 'Anonymous Rejection' which is activated by *77. I did that tonight and hopefully that will solve my issue. 

Verizon 'knowledge base' support doc is very confusing. This  leads me to think they do not update it but continue to hobble it together. Some doc responses about Incoming call block imply it is only for local numbers yet I have had success with numbers from different area codes. I also see references that they are not offering incoming call block (or is it anonymous call block only) to new customers.

Paul

Bergen County, NJ 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

SHouldn't need to activate with phone tones.  But certain anonymous callers cannot be blocked  by this feature.

0 Likes