Bizarre problem - could use help
JimB19808
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll try to be clear but avoid leaving personally identifiable info.

In Feb 2021, during a service call for line noise over our copper landline the Verizon service person convinced me to convert to their wireless based solution (Voice connect) with a T-2050 box.  He set it up, got it working, and life was good.  Since we were on autopay for both our landline and wireless (both through Verizon), we didn't notice that we weren't being billed for the line for some time.  We noticed the lack of billing last summer and attempted to resolve the issue (phone line is working fine all this time).  When I contacted Verizon, I was bounced between the Verizon Residential and Wireless groups and neither side had my number listed as in their domain.  Meanwhile, the account that we had for the landline had been closed by Verizon in May 2021 (I had no idea except, I guess, the number was listed as disconnected from Verizon's perspective).

Since that time I've been completely unable to get this straightened out.  I currently have a working phone line.  There was a period where we lost the ability to call out, then to receive calls, but that has somehow been resolved, and it is working currently.  This is a line/number that I've had for ~33 years, so it is a contact number for a lot of legacy contacts that we're not in frequent contact with and I'd like to keep the number under my name.

Recently, in one of my calls to fix this, a Fios sales rep said I could convert to Fios phone for $25/month and she could port the number over from wherever it was (not sure this is correct), but by the time we got to the point of pulling the trigger, since it was ONLY the phone line, the cost was actually $93/month.  I get the pricing issue, but she did try to solve the problem so she conferenced in someone from the Wireless port group tier 2 level.  All I know is that the port was shown to be going to Service provider #6006, operating company 6393, with a local routing number of 302-463-0000.  The Wireless person said this looked like a prepaid type thing, although it's not, but could only note that a "reseller" was listed as "Verizon Long Distance" in the paperwork and she couldn't provide any contact info to that entity and it didn't ring a bell for her.  The next day I spoke to someone in Sales/Customer service on the landline side based out of Syracuse NY.  She said she could see what happened (thinks it got hung up in the middle) and that she'd initiate some process to pull the number back since it should remain with the landline group, associate it with a new account and call me Thursday of last week to update.  No call on Thurs, and when I called the Home cust. service team today, the woman basically said I'm not a customer according to her info, she can't help, that we were both wasting our time, and I should hang up and call the Wireless team.  Yea, not diplomatic. I've spoken to the wireless team many times, and neither side (Wireless or home) has a record of my number being active on their system.  Meanwhile, I do have an active phone, I've never dealt with anyone aside from Verizon employees (so I assume I'm somewhere in Verizon and not another carrier).  I just need some guidance on who to call to resolve this since I'm failing thus far.  If I do a carrier lookup via one of the free services, the carrier is listed as "Cellco Partnership dba Verizon Wireless - CA" even though the wireless team cannot find me by the phone number/IMEI/ICCID.

I'm at a loss....  Suggestions?  My biggest ask is to retain my legacy number and if I try to do a port (even to Verizon Wireless since they don't show it - we tried this), it fails since I cannot provide account info from an alternate carrier.

0 Likes
1 Reply
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JimB19808,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.