DO NOT USE NOMOROBO!
FSSimon1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon recommended Nomorobo to put a stop to unwanted phone calls. I signed up and immediately started having 10X more problems with unwanted calls than before. I also installed the app on my Android phone (BEFORE READING THE REVIEWS) and got a pop up message alerting me that my phone was heavily damaged by viruses I picked up by visiting adult sites. The alert included a button to click to remove the viruses. Well, just so you know, I've never visited an adult site, and I know enough to know when I am being scammed into downloading malware. I went back to the Nomorobo site and tried to delete my account, but guess what? You can't delete your account. You can "delete" your phone number, but they keep your name and email address. And guess what else? You can't call them. I sent in a ticket and requested that my account be deleted, and guess what happened? I receive an automated reply that was utter nonsense. Verizon should warn readers against using the product instead of encouraging it and allowing integration with it.

38 Replies
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
BR00KS1

I just started the Nomorobo service yesterday and almost immediately had the same results. I had to go through the My Fios app to turn on the do not disturb feature just so the calls would stop. 

0 Likes
HappyCustomer19

I LOVE NOMOROBO Call Blocker! From the moment I signed up through Verizon, my phone stays QUIET!!!!!!!!!!!! I went nearly two weeks without ONE SPAM CALL!!! HEAVEN! However, spoofing is another issue! It can't pick them all up. I've had my own phone number spoofed calling ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I do RECOMMEND NOMOROBO CALL BLOCKER!

I use it for my home land line. I use TRUCALLER for my cell! Both are amazing!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
NoroboNO

Me thinks you are a robocaller.......

0 Likes
FlyingPigNJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm so sorry that I did not get to read this first. The number of robo calls went up immediately after I signed up with nomorobo. The only way I can battle the robocalls is through verizon's block list, but that block list is difficult to use, often frozen and is limited. 

0 Likes
NOMOofthat

Hello - I have been faithfully going to my online account for months and blocking the robocalls I get - until I got one again from an 800 number I already had blocked.  When I spoke wiht Verizon, they explained these outfits can make it look like the same number but it's actually not and recommended using NOMOROBO.  Well, I had three robo calls the following day from the usual "local looking" phone numbers and on top of it, the service blocked a legitimate call from the city's municipal call line that can be about anything from trash pick-up to snow emergencies.  No good. Verizon was of no help.  They referred me to cancel via the DONOTCALL number.  I found like you that NOMOROBO was crazy inaccessible, but I persisted and managed to sign back in at https://www.nomorobo.com/ and then move to my own account at https://www.nomorobo.com/phone which has a dashboard and a page to "Add, remove and setup your phones here."  We have two landlines that I had enabled with the call blocking.  When I clicked on one number at a time to disable NOMOROBO, I was given instruction on how I first had to go to Fios® DIGITAL VOICE and delete a phone number that appears there for Calling Features >> Simultaneous Ring.  I deleted the 888 number (who knows what that has to do with but it worked) Once I did that, I hit NEXT at the bottom of the page, and that led to another page that generated a test call to that number confirming I had disabled the service. I repeated the process for the other line.  Now they both changed from green "protected" to red "not protected."  Frankly, I plan to continue from here to just go up to Verizon each day and block calls that didn't leave a message.  Done, end of story.  I wish you luck in doing this as well!

0 Likes
aka22
HAS BECOME ALMOST WORTHLESS. Mostly because of same exchange spoofing (calls which spoof the first six digits of your own no. to make you think it might be someone you know and pick up the phone (/aka "Neighbor Spoofing" /aka "NPA-NXX spoofing".) They say that they are actively working to prevent calls like this. However, I have been dutifully reporting these calls, at least 2 or 3 a day, but have now given up on reporting them, since in the past year and a half or more nomorobo has not blocked a SINGLE INSTANCE of one of these calls. They keep getting through, so pointless to report them. Re. calls like this, their help desk (https://nomorobo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016100171-What-is-Neighbor-Spoofing-) says, " Report the call to Nomorobo! We are actively working to build features to specifically handle this tactic. Your reports are crucial to making this happen." NONSENSE. ABSOLUTE WASTE OF TIME.
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Until the phone companies embrace callerid authentication, there is not much they can do. Will the robocallers using a rotating set of numbers, there is not an easy way for them to know spam from real.

I would almost bet that this action is as a direct result of services like Nomorobo.

redhand32

I signed up for NomoROBO years ago when it was free. It ONLY works on ROBOCALLS, not the other calls with human callers. For years it was 99.9% effective against Robocalls. However, over the last year or so, some robo-scammers have defeated the system. It is about 80% effective today. VERIZON AND THE OTHER TELECOMS DO NOTHING ABOUT ROBO AND OTHER UNWANTED SPAM CALLS which use Spoof local numbers and names. VERIZON DOES NOTHING, ---  BECAUSE IT CAN !

0 Likes
Maps2

I have been using nomorobo for years and although it does not stop all robocalls it stops most. I have FIOS and incoming calls show on my TV screen. Calls blocked by nomorobo calls show up but the phone never rings. I love it.

0 Likes
Mau10703

Hi

I use NoMo Robo and I haven't had an issue with it.

Thing is whether it's Verizon or NoMo Robo, they should have the option to block Unavailable or babe Unavailable numbers as well. 

Also on My Verizon Dashboard, When I block a number it will tell me only 10 numbers. Really? 

Plus, numbers I have blocked using Verizon were still getting through, so NoMo Robo did a much better job.

Have a great day

0 Likes
SaltySales
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot disagree more.  I have been using NoMoRobo for over two years now.  It is the best thing that ever hapened for the robo calling space. It automatically drops at least 5 calls a day.  It is nice to not run to get the phone only to find out it is another robocall.

JSamJr1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had Nomorobo for 4 years now, first with Comcast and now with Verizon Fios.  It has worked extremly well blocking 99% or robocalls.  In the past I would get 15 or more calls a day.  Now I only get one or two calls a week that get past Nomorobos filter and these numbers I report to Nomorobo so they can block them.  I has been a God Send this past election season.  I have not tried the wireless program but so far No problems with landline.  Love It!

cms12

I have had Nomorobo for 2 plus years and it has been working great. No problems at all. When a number come up and it turns out to be scam caller I just submit the number and then they block it for me.

0 Likes
Iremembermabell

This exchange of information letting consumers  know the deatils of a poor  service like this is what makes the internet so valuable.

0 Likes
JQ8

Just my FYI,

Was searching for NOMOROBO+mobile+Verizon and saw this.  I have had the service since they started-I think about 2010.  Had "cut the cord" and purchased an Ooma for my VOIP and although they said, in writing, that they worked with NMR, I had 4-6 calls per day.  This went on for 2 months.  I cancelled the Ooma and went back to FIOS-set up NMR again and I now get between 1-2 breakthrough calls per week.  GREAT service and I am looking to install on Mobile.

0 Likes
mennygg
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
FredNY
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have used Nomorobo on my iPhone for 6 months - paid subscription ($1.99/month or $19.99/yeqr) - and it is very effective.  I recently added to my landline through FIOS and it works as well. I haven’t received a robocall in weeks. On my cell, I can add robocalls that sneaks through but that is infrequent. Try it. I don’t believe you will be disappointed. 

0 Likes
Bubalina
Enthusiast - Level 2

This service has saved my nerves. It works fine on my landline and stops many, many calls. I get a single ring and then the **bleep** are cut off. I don't know how mine could have worked so well all these years (before Verizon added it to its site). People must have other issues. They are not caused by nomorobo. 

mennygg
Enthusiast - Level 1