Delayed landline repair
phonelessnana

I am a senior citizen from State College, PA who depends on my telephone landline. On the morning of August 2, 2011, I reported my telephone outage to Verizon. I was given the repair time by 7:00 pm on August 9th, but I was told that the problem would probably be fixed in 24-48 hours.  It is now after 5:00 pm on August 8 and the problem still has not been fixed.  Why is this taking so long?  (It's interesting that the Verizon online repair status report for my request indicates that the problem is not a "Technical" one.)   Luckily I have a modest pay-as-you-go Tracfone for emergency usage.  Last night I had to go online and purchase additional minutes since I had run out of precious minutes during an important telephone call late at night.  What would have happened if I had no online access to purchase additional cell phone minutes or there had been a serious emergency situation.   I would not even have had a way to make a 911 call.   Doesn't Verizon take such factors into consideration?   I hope that other Verizon customers in State College are not experiencing similar telephone problems.  If my telephone service is restored by 7:00 pm on August 9th, I will have waited more than seven (7) days!  This is not acceptable.    Verizon has no reason to be proud.

0 Likes
Re: Delayed landlines repair
bjaret
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently moved , on 8/1 I called in said I was moving the 9th and would be in the new place the 10th , Guess what no phone or internet. I don't have a cell phone or any other type of communication with the outside world. The first call I placed was to the DSL people , they said we will have to transfer you as without you having phone we cannot hook up your DSL... So I then spoke to another person who went and looked and said it should be on at the time listed , if not call us. Well how am I going to call you after 7pm with no home phone!!!!!! So now im stuck with not only no internet , but no home phone , what happens if god forbid an emergency happens? 

So today I called again since I could get to a phone. I have to say that the guy on the other end was helpful and spent loads of time trying to help me solve my problem. Well unfortunately since a technician needs to come out and hook the line up , and cause of the  strike there is no one to do this , im not stuck in limbo. I hope Verizon gets there act together , it is not my issue whatever is going on with your company ... What is my issue is now I have no service. Oh and guess what the icing on the cake. Was going to cancel my service and find another provider , upon searching for a new one was told the only service I can get is Verizon since I live right next to the building !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

0 Likes
bjaret
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh and I just tried emailing the corp. office , guess what the email was returned as undeliverable nice one!

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Bjaret it doesn't appear your issue is related to the same technical posted by the original poster. If you are still experiencing problems with your line, please create a new thread so we can directly assist you.

0 Likes
Re: Delayed landline repair
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

PhonelessNana,

I'm sorry that you are having a delay in getting your line fixed and are unable to make calls. I would hope that is resolved by now. One way to tell if its a Verizon incoming signal problem is to take a phone and plug it into the telephone interface box on the outside of your house to see if you have dialtone. If you have dialtone on the outside of your house, that means Verizon is sending a dialtone down to your home and you have an internal wiring or device problem. If theres no dialtone outside, then theres a definite Verizon issue we have to address immediately. Please private message me if you are still having a problem with your line.

0 Likes