How can I block phone calls from a specific number?
stanenba
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi all,

I've been receiving two or three phone calls a day (some at 3 in the morning!) from what seems to be a recording of a man talking. I'd love to simply block the number from being to call us. Is there any way to do that?

Please note, I've tried calling the number but it goes to a recording there, too.

0 Likes
58 Replies
natthakan

0 Likes
MikeyD3

If you have the older wired hookup you dial either *80 or *90 and it will prompt you through

If you have FIOS you have to do it on line and it is REALLY complicated.  took me half an hour to find it.

You have to log into myverizon.com

Then navigate to manage services then to calling features then incoming call block.   Turn it on and that finally gets you to screen where you can enter numbers you want blocked.

Here is a link that may or may not work.

https://www36.verizon.com/FiOSVoice/members/CallFeatures.aspx

Hope this helps

I had a construction company calling to make a bid on redoing my kitchen a dozen times a day for months.  This shut em up

0 Likes
olblue1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mickey D bless you for a real answer.  Online Verizon support could only offer to sell me an unlisted number.  Verizons support pages must have been designed by the guys who designed Obamacare.

This link works!!  https://www36.verizon.com/FiOSVoice/members/CallFeatures.aspx

Henry

0 Likes
Suzanne7777
Contributor - Level 1

I have digital Verizon phone service.  I can go online to block calls, and I did set it up online.  I set up a specific numbern(305-000-0000), as they are calling 5 times a day (political robo calls and I'm in a swing state) and then I got a call from that same number--no blocking.  I also set up "block all anonymous calls", but that number came through. 

When I tried *60, the recording says that I do not have that service.  Why do I have the service online but not on the phone line?  And why isn't this working?

0 Likes
Knitwit1

We have phony IRS calls coming in more than once a day.  It's annoying and against the law!  We need to block this number as soon as possible.

{edited for privacy}

@Suzanne7777 wrote:

I have digital Verizon phone service.  I can go online to block calls, and I did set it up online.  I set up a specific numbern(305-000-0000), as they are calling 5 times a day (political robo calls and I'm in a swing state) and then I got a call from that same number--no blocking.  I also set up "block all anonymous calls", but that number came through. 

When I tried *60, the recording says that I do not have that service.  Why do I have the service online but not on the phone line?  And why isn't this working?

0 Likes
VejOut

I found there is an option to do it using the "MY FiOS" app on my phone.

In the CALLS section you can tap on it to go to all theunbers that have called you.

Then tap on the number that you want to block (or unblock) and there is a button for BLOCK CALLER.

Now to see if it really works!

0 Likes
butterflyfish

I'm having the same problem. Multiple calls per day from the same 800 number. Except these are coming in as faxes, so they're using up my printer ink. I've already reported the 800 number to the FCC, as junk faxing is illegal. But in case that doesn't help, I need these calls blocked somehow.

I don't have FIOS, and I can't upgrade to it. It's not available in my area. I have Freedom Essentials land line with the highest speed DSL plan. I can't find any way to add any sort of blocking to my phone package. Verizon needs to get this sorted. This thread alone has been going on for years.

0 Likes
mrtg119

I am receiving five to ten harassing phone calls from a specific number. How can I block it?

0 Likes
susrev
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you have FiOS Digital Voice?  You can activate Incoming Call Block via your FDV Account Manager to block up to 10 phone numbers.  You can also use Anonymous Call Rejection for calls from people who have blocked their Caller ID.  There is no charge for these features.  Go to verizon.com/fiosvoice, log in with your My Verizon user name and passcode, and choose Calling Features to enable either or both features.   If you're not FiOS Digital Voice, those features may be available for a charge depending on where you live.

0 Likes
MicheleToo

I have Fios Digital Voice and have listed four numbers in the block incoming calls feature.  All four numbers still get through.  Does the service actually work?

0 Likes
WILPINCA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, blocking 10 numbers..  Sorry, thats just not enough.  Im on a list somewhere and as a result get sales calls from about 20 different numbers.  I love the call blocking My Verizon, but 10 numbers is not nearly enough.  Is there any way to block more?

0 Likes
Spunky5

How can I block calls from an identified phone number?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Yes it does, but with exceptions. Calls made to you from outside your local calling area, through operator assistance, or from cell phones and some business phones cannot be blocked.
0 Likes
wthrust

Why would Verizon do away with something this important?  I live in Maryland and going though a divorce and there is no way to keep my soon to be ex and his mother from calling me.   Sure I don't have to pick up the phone, but is it really fair for us not to have this service simply because we moved.I don't want to have to change my number

@stanenba wrote:

Hi all,

I've been receiving two or three phone calls a day (some at 3 in the morning!) from what seems to be a recording of a man talking. I'd love to simply block the number from being to call us. Is there any way to do that?

Please note, I've tried calling the number but it goes to a recording there, too.

0 Likes
jneroberts

Whew!   Went throught the ringer with multiple calls to get answers to block numbers from calling my phone as well.

Bottom line:  Do you have call intercept?  If you do you can manually block up to 25 numbers by calling 800-327-7070.  When prompted (if you have never set this feature up before) enter the last 4 digits of your home phone as a temporary pin #.  then it will prompt you for a permenant pin # which you can change in the future as well if desired.   After that - follow prompts.   Blocked numbers will automatically be rejected and you'll never know they called.

If yo udo not have call intercept, for $5.00 per month you can add call block and use that feature.  Otherwise, you should be able to report the number to Verizon as phone harrassment or to your local police for instructions.  It used to be that the phone company would suspend or completely cut off customers who harrassed others by phone.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
GripperTanya

need help on blocking calls from some number

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

First link on this page should help you, but these are the instructions.

Call BlockYou can use Call Block to automatically block incoming calls using a screening list that you create. Call Block will reject calls from phone numbers that match those on your Call Block list. Your Call Block list is limited to either 6 or 12 numbers, depending on your region.

When a blocked caller reaches your telephone number, they will hear a recording saying you are not presently accepting calls. You can temporarily deactivate Call Block or change your Call Block list at any time.

Calls made to you from outside your local calling area, through operator assistance, or from cell phones and some business phones cannot be blocked.

All calling features are subject to availability and compatibility restrictions.

How to Use Call BlockNote This service is no longer available to new customers. If you currently subscribe to this service, you will continue to receive the service, but you will not be permitted to re-subscribe to it if you remove it or transfer it to another customer at your current location or to a new location.Before you use Call Block, you must first set up the list of numbers you want to block and then activate Call Block. You can change your Call Block list at any time.Setting up your Call Block list and activating Call Block

1. Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.

1. Press *60.
      Dial 1160 on rotary or pulse-dialing phones
      In some areas, you must press 3 to turn Call Block on.

1. Listen to the voice-recorded instructions for Call Block options. 
      The phone numbers you enter on your Call Block list will be repeated to you.

By following the voice-recorded instructions, you can add the number of the last person who called you, add a new number, or change an existing number on your list. The voice-recorded instructions will also tell you how to add to your list if your list is full.Temporarily deactivating Call BlockYou can turn Call Block off at any time. When Call Block is off, the phone numbers on your Call Block list will be able to telephone you.

1. Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.

1. Press *80.
    Dial 1180 on rotary or pulse-dialing phones. 
    In some areas, you must press 3 to turn Call Block off.

-------------------------------------------

If you have FiOS Digital Voice plan, then it's slightly different.  You would follow these instructions instead.

Incoming Call Block 
International Call Block 

0 Likes
kbmorgan1

This is the 21st century and FiOS is digital. My Call Intercept with my copper line worked just fine. If you can show me that the call is Private or Unavailable you should have a program to block those even if there is no number associated with it.  This is not rocket science here, just programming. What good is anonymous call block if it is limited! Don't you think the people getting around it know your weakness? I'm getting calls from people claiming they are computer techs working for Best Buy and my computer is telling them it has problems, which is a lie, as I have worked with computers for over 30 years and I can't block these PRIVATE numbers?  This is the new spam and Verizon is looking really bad.  I'm still in my FiOS 30 day evaluation and it looks like I will end up dropping them because I'm getting more junk calls now than ever. How hard is it to add a subroutine to check the private and unavailable labels and drop the calls. I bet Verizon would fix it if they had to pay people for every unwanted call they received.

0 Likes
Jonnybob

I hope I can get call blocking to work as I am getting 8-10 telemarketing call a day (and my # is on the do-not-call-list).  I have another line using "o o m a" which has an excellent call blocking feature which has virtually eliminated telemarketers.  If verizon doesn't offer a similar easy solution I will be porting my verizon # to another "o o m a" device.

0 Likes
MsTee2

I tried the *60 and the 800-327-2020 and neither worked for me. HELP. This constant calling from a specific number is bugging me

0 Likes