How to get customer service to address billing problem

A new account and landline phone number was assigned to me, without my request, in August 2017.  I have had the same service for close to 20 years, and have no need for new, additional lines.  Have spoken 11 times since August 2017 to customer service, and each time they have agreed to close out the account and charges, and each time I continue to be billed and harrassed with daily Verizon phone calls to request payment.  There is now a restriction on my 20 year old account so that I cannot make service changes.   My 20 year account has always been in good standing.

I am unable to find relief from customer service, as all their promises have not solved the problem.  I need this erroneous account number to be disassociated with my name and primary account.  I need billings to stop, and I need my account to be cleared of negative collections information.  

Can anyone direct me to a contact within Verizon that will work to solve this problem.  I am unable to find email contact or telephone contacts except for customer service.  Am truly frustrated.

2 Replies

Try this link here

additionally contact the following which has an online complaint service.

You can also contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission which regulates Verizon. Google it for your state.

Moderator Emeritus

Hi jacmchale,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.