Lifeline services dropped - no reply to recertification
Phyllis87

It appears there are many others who have experienced this.  I never received the recertification and when I called, the phone representatives said they had nothing to do with the process.  Then I found the Lifeline page on the Verizon page (so Verizon surely does have something to do with it, contrary to the information provided by the customer service representatives on the phone).  So I completed it, faxed it to the number on the form with proof of eligibility, and my account has not been corrected.  I am 87 years old, and Verizon is billing me for a much higher amount and will not correct the account. 

0 Likes
40 Replies
jian3979

Hello, i faxed my lifeline recertification in almost 2 month already, and i didn't hear anything from your guy, is anyone can help me here? it had beed almost 5 month after they dropped my lifeline service.

0 Likes
jian3979

I called 1800 verizon phone #, the CSR told me that he doesn't have status update on my application. and give me lifeline phone # {edited for privacy}, and i call that lifeline phone #, it is record message for recertification. please help.

Thanks

Yi Ruan

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

You must do it again, fax the certication form with  addionnal Picture ID, social security  card and passport copy , same like my mother' applaction, I fax three times,  it was aproved about 3 months. later.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

We have re-opened your private support case. Please communicate with the agents there.

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

I had 4 recertication apply on Feb,2015 , 3 was approved ,  One  still  reject due to No Picture ID,  she is 101 years young, but I  do not wnat to help  her to apply the fourth  times  again,  May be her DOB  will be expried later,  who knows. her number {edited for privacy}, May be some one can talk to VERIZON, give her  back the lifeline Discount., she had the discount over 20 years.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

@manhattanNYC , we have re-opened your private support case. Please communicate with the agent there as it is the only way they can work with you to resolve this.

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks, I will call Verizon C/S next week, in  office working hours.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Please do not call Verizon. You cannot reach the agent who has replied to your case by phone. You must follow these directions as there is a message waiting for you there.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
liubak

Having the same issue with recertificaiton filed, new bill arrived much higher, no response to recertification and at risk having account disabled if payment is not made soon. Please help!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi liubak,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

all the lifeline Discount stop on Dec 6 2014,  Must recerty with medicare card, SS card and proof of ID is better, otherwise will be reject,

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

I have 4 applactions for recertification on Jan.   2 was approved on April,  1 still pending,  1 was reject due to NO PICTURE ID, but she is old lady 101 years young.  she pay about $30 month.  Anybody  help?.  her home phone  {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello ManhattanNYC

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
jian3979

i have same issue in  last month, somehow, i lost lifetime discount, then i contract Verizon, they said they mailed me the recertificate form but i never recieve it, then i call the CSR and ask me to Fax my application again in Jan 9, but i still didn't get discount on my bill. can anyone help me fix my issues?

Thanks

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jian3979,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
yellowfrog742

I believe it's possible that in the past Verizon used to handle the recertification process. But based on Verizon's Form 555 filing for New York to the FCC for ths year it appears that Verizon has "elect[ed] for USAC to complete the recertification on their behalf." Which means that USAC would've have had to send the recertification letters - not Verizon. So if the recertification letters were never received, USAC would be at fault. However, "USAC will not have live agents available for consumer questions" and everyone at Verizon says to contact USAC, so it's just a giant mess.

See the following links for more info:

http://marker.to/JoEZNx

http://marker.to/Dyroc2

http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/comment/view?id=60001012705

http://marker.to/YNmNaA

http://marker.to/AnZxK6

0 Likes
tshim

same issue here - serviced droped even though recert sent in.

pls help!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello tshim

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

0 Likes
GaryHo
My parent's phone lifeline dropped also and the bill is $60!! They sent the recertification letter back in dec 2014. Will verizon reimburse this month bill if they reapply? If it takes up to 12 weeks, the next 2 bills will be high too.
0 Likes
HBan

I lost my lifeline services as well. I never got the recertification letter in the mail or a phone call. Now I am being billed a much higher rate and it will be difficult to pay. Please help.

0 Likes