Porting Verizon Fios Landline to Prepaid Verizon Cellular; guidance needed
gschabel1

We will be moving in the near future and need to port my Verizon Fios Landline to a Verizon Prepaid cell phone which I already have.

I have my Landline account number and account pin.  Do I need to obtain a special Transfer PIN for the landline port out?  If so, how does one do that?

Thank you in advance for the guidance!

0 Likes
Re: Porting Verizon Fios Landline to Prepaid Verizon Cellular; guidance needed
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

If my memory is correct, the Verizon account needs to be up to date payment wise and active at the time of the port. Do not close it ahead of time.

The other thing is that the new service provider will submit a request to port the telephone number away from Verizon.

I can't comment on PIN digits though. 🤔

The new service provider should be well versed as to what is needed.

gschabel1

Thanks for your reply.  All accounts are up to date so that should not be an issue.

The big question is about the need of a special transfer pin for the landline or is the regular account pin sufficient or one in the same.

I an hoping to make the switch as seamless as possible and avoid disasters that others have posted about in the past.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure about pins as I've never ported my landline.

I would contact the mobile service provider. They should be knowledgeable as to what is needed for the porting process to take place. 🙂