Porting a Landline Phone Number and Getting the Runaround

I am a new Verizon Fios customer.

When I signed up for new service I requested a specific phone number and was told online it was available.

Then my service started and the phone number was wrong.

I called and asked for this to be fixed and was told no problem -- would be done in less than a week.  Then I got an email saying it could not be done.

I have called nd spoken with so many different people I want to cry.

Supposedly the phone line is owned by a company called Cooperative Communications.

Supposedly the number is disconnected.

Cooperative says Verizon owns it.  Verizon says the opposite.

Finally someone at Cooperative tells me they do own it.  Then I get an email from someone at Voixis saying they can install it as a forwarded number so anyone who dials it will get forwarded to my Verizon number.

HOWEVER - the cost would bwe $25. month + $20. install + .025 / minute.

That is obviously ridiculous.  But Voixis says that is my only option.

Verizon tells me they requested a port release and yet are denied by Cooperative.  Cooperative says they would gladly give me the number - but they don't have it.

Voixis says Verizon prevents them from doing anything else.

I'm just a regular person - I have plenty of people that Verizon could contact on my behalf - after all - I am a Verizon customer.  I am not a Cooperative customer or a Voixis customer - so why would they help me?

Can someone from Verizon fix this for me??  It's a dead / disconnected number that supposedly Verizon owns in some way -- why not charge me a reasonable fee and help me make this number mine?

Surely this cannot be so difficult...  and since Verizon has no email address I cannot send all the info over.  The people on the phone, while friendly, are ultimately not solving my problem.  And no one has even refunded my 4.99 fee for special phone line request.

Tags (1)
Re: Porting a Landline Phone Number and Getting the Runaround
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lucky13fairview,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.