Porting exiting number to Fios Phone.
DJHA90

I tried to add FIOS phone (go to triple-play) but when I get to the point in the process to choose a phone number, it only offers me new phone numbers.  Is there not a way to port an existing phone number to FIOS Phone?  This is keeping me from upgrading my service.

0 Likes
Re: Porting exiting number to Fios Phone.
prisaz
Legend

@DJHA90 wrote:

I tried to add FIOS phone (go to triple-play) but when I get to the point in the process to choose a phone number, it only offers me new phone numbers.  Is there not a way to port an existing phone number to FIOS Phone?  This is keeping me from upgrading my service.

Porting a number requires third party verification. you will need to contact sales, probably during normal business hours.

Also DOT NOT cancel the third party service prior to porting the number. Doing so will cause you to lose the number. Once the third party verification process is completed, and Verizon provides the service ready date, the service will be canceled once the line is transfered. After the line is transfered, call the other company to insure the service is canceled, and find out what the final billing would be.

0 Likes