Property Damage due to telephone wire

My son was in a motorcycle accident on Saturday after he hit a telephone wire that was running across the street, 2 feet off the ground. By the time he saw the wire, he was unable to stop and he flew from his motorcycle. The police were called and he was given an incident number. How do I officially report this to Verizon? He just wants his bike repaired even though he also has injuries from the accident.  Eyewitnesses helped to get him and his bike off the road and they moved the wire from the road so other motorist could pass. I hate to think where he would be now if that wire was at 4ft versus 2ft! Looking forward to your quick response. Thanks, Judy.

1 Reply
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jmedicus,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.