Trying to reach real person not at the call center


Can anyone tell me how to contact someone at Verizon other than the people at their call centers?  I'm trying to resolve a contract issue.  The contract was misrepresented to me by the Verizon employee, and I cannot get anywhere with calling customer service.  The people are polite, but they can't help me.  They say either they can't connect me to a supervisor, or that the supervisor will call me back, etc. 

I would prefer to resolve this with Verizon without having to go to my state attorney general's office, but that is my next step.   Does anyone have any advice on a constructive next step: who to contact at Verizon, or some other way of resolving this without having to do that?  Is there an inside line to talk to someone with authority to resolve this at Verizon?   The call center people keep telling me that they have sent my case onward, but I haven't heard a thing.

Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

Re: Trying to reach real person not at the call center
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jmtr,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.