Usage Verification Center Issues

I'm at a loss.  Since my divorce, I've been trying to change me account name from my ex's to something else to no avail.  I was told nothing can be done and I have to create a subaccount.  When I made a payment arrangement, I did not realize that it was attached to an old account that we  had together.  When I did, I called in and notified the agent that the payment would be returned.  She said to issue another check from the correct account.  As I've tried to do that, nothing has worked.  i get a message that I need to call customer service.  Customer service transfers me to the usage verification center who says that since I have bounced a check, only cash payments will be taken.  That is ridiculous.  Between going to Hopkins and trying to stay upright with all my pains, how can I do that?  Surely there has to be another way to remedy this?  I've had my account longer than I care to remember and don't appreciate being treated like a common criminal in this low period in my life.  I have the money to take care of this.  How can I do that short of having to go traipsing around time to find a place to pay this?  Please help.  I need to resolve this immediately.  Thanks.

1 Reply
Moderator Emeritus

Hi wildflower35,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.