Verizon did a poor job of informing residents about service outage
VAcustomer3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon did a very poor job today of accurately informing customers about when service would be restored following an outage.  Our Verizon residential FIOS service has been out since last evening -- telephone, internet, and TV.  We sometimes telecommute for work, so we rely on internet and phone.  Last night, they said service would be restored by 7:00 a.m. this morning.  I called this morning around 6:20 a.m. and a representative told me that service would still be back by 7:00 a.m.  He told me a cable on a local road had been cut.  I asked if this restoration time was realistic, as we were almost there.  He said there had been no update in their system as to restoration time.

So on that basis, my wife stayed home to telecommute, planning to use internet and telephone.  Verizon failed to restore service, and when she called again around 8:20 a.m., they told her that service would not be restored until 11:00 p.m. tonight!

This is an atrocious customer service lapse from Verizon.  Surely at 6:20 a.m., Verizon must have known that service would not be restored in half an hour or so, given that they then pushed the restoration time back more than 16 hours.  People make plans based on what you tell us, Verizon!  My wife and I relied on your service estimate, and then we had to scramble to find other arrangements when it was wildly wrong. Give your service agents proper updates so they can give us the right information. 

0 Likes