Verizon post day early bill period to charge you per minute usage of 500 minute plan
overChargCalls
Enthusiast - Level 1

International callers beware, Verizon website displays a day early billing cycle to trigger you to go above the 500 minutes and thus charge extravagant overage for per minutes call to an international country.

I put an end to Verizon services, phone, internet and TV immediately after they, initially made a bill correction then took no further action for the repeated problem. In the beginning, as a new customer, Verizon referred to there online "minutes usage" website link for the 500 minutes international plan. Use it to track your minutes used :-), but not so fast. After a few months I realized Verizon website displays a day early billing cycle to trigger me to go above the 500 minutes and thus charge extravagant overage for per minutes call to an international country.

Verizon setup to overbill international callers is this. Provide online minutes usage (applicable to 500 minutes international plan) and display end date of bill period a day early of the actual bill period (aka cycle). Thus, the customer, understanding its a new billing cycle, makes international calls the following day, bamboozled, its a new billing cycle blowing past the 500 minute in the plan. 😞

This has been brought to Verizon customer service attention. As a result, they removed erroneous charges once. This occurred again before I realized what is happening. Now Verizon customer service tells me these charges are INTENTIONAL AS I checking the billing cycle online its always ended a day early from what the customer snail mailed bill reports.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! I cut off all business with Verizon, I will not pay for there mistake or scam to siphon $$$ from poor international callers. SPREAD THE WORD!