Where is the documentation for the "Do Not Disturb" feature for home phones? (I have Fios)
obiwan2u

I can't find any documentation online.   My question is, once I enable "Do Not Disturb" how do I enter the list certain numbers in the "ring through" list? (where "ring through" is the term used in the web page dialog box below).  Is there a limit of 10 ring through numbers?

0 Likes
2 Replies
obiwan2u

The Do Not Disturb menu item is written incorrectly.   Instead of this:

it should say this:

The exempt phone numbers only apply to the "Play the system Do Not Disturb greeting" and then only 10 exempt numbers are allowed.   But the "Play the system Do Not Disturb greeting"  option is useless since I may have important phone calls where I don't know the caller number and need them to go to voice mail (ie. a doctor) 

The Nomorobo "automatically detect and block robocallers" architecture no longer works because there are now a near infinite number of calling numbers being used.    So this "do not disturb" feature should be the main wait to block spam, except there's no exception list for the "forward to voicemail" option.

0 Likes
obiwan2u

I have opened complaint {edited for privacy} with the Maryland Public Service Commission's Consumer Affairs Division saying my Verizon home phone service isn't working because I get several robocaller calls an hour (because Nomorobo's blocking architecture has been bypassed and "Do Not Disturb" has no way to forward calls to voice mail with a sufficiently sized exception list).   

I got a call back from corporate public relations the next day. 

I think the best we can hope for is they schedule an effort to upgrade the do not disturb feature.

0 Likes