Where to dispute billing charges?
genevak

I had a bundled account with Verizon and Direct TV and recently cancelled everything.  I've had nothing but problems with Verizon "customer service" and haven't ever been able to get clear answers on billing questions.  I expected some charges to be sent back to DTV, but not $186.00.  No one has been able to clearly give me a detailed answer on where or when or any info for that matter.  Talked to someone yesterday while on the line with DTV and got pulled in circles with repetitive info of the billing amounts.  When I actually added up DTV charges, the person had no idea of what I was talking about.  It ended with me spending 2 1/2 hours with DTV trying to get an address of who to dispute charges with because Verizon doesn't care now that the charges have been sent back.  All they care about is the amount I now owe them.  I would like to know where I can write to so that I can dispute these charges and possibly get a detailed answer of where all this money came from.  I admit I owe some of it, but not I do not believe all of it.  I'm done talking to "customer service" since all I get is angry since no one can intelligently tell me this is from this date, this is from here.....  I had a nervous breakdown yesterday and I'm not doing it again.

0 Likes
32 Replies
fernadette1

Hi,

I would like to dispute a Verizon Fios bill for service that I unsuccessfully tried to disconnect upon moving out of my last apartment. I moved six months ago and did not receive a confirmation that the service was disconnected until January. Where can I dispute the charges for the 6 months of service that I did not use? Thank you.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue will require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.  For billing questions, please contact Verizon during normal business hours.

0 Likes
fernadette1

Thank you for your reply. I spoke with a billing agent on the phone who told me that my balance has been cleared and is now $0.00. She then transferred me to a financial services agent to review any reports to the credit bureau. The financial services agent said that the balance of $230 still remains and has not been paid for. Please help. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello fernadette

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
samdog1

I just received a  call from a Mrs. Johnson who claims I have a credit that I do not see anywhere...and she did not leave a number to call back. The double payment I made in March is not addressed. This is not an acceptable way of solving a dispute. I was promised that I would have a chance to discuss the "response." Is this IT? Thanks.  Chat ID

{edited for privacy}.

I am now left with a bill for $153 for my second payment in March 2014. that I do not owe. This is utterly unacceptable. I asked to be called at night. 3 pm. is not at night. Please contact me.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi samdog,

Please keep all correspondence concerning your issue in the private support area.  The agents do not check for messages posted on the public forums.

0 Likes
samdog1

I have been billed incorrectly, spent hours on the phone, got the incorrect billng refunding to my checking account, and then removed immediately, and then more hours, told a voucher exists for a credit, and the credit refused. I need to get an escalation to investigate these charges -- one is for discontinued service, and the other is because I mistakenly paid tiwce in one month.

Customer service tries -- and then management turns around and returns the original owed amount. Please escalate as soon as possible. Thank you.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Due to multiple failed attempts to reach you we will be closing this private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service feel free to send us another post.

Thank you,

^Matthew

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi samdog,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
dabosch1

I am unable to resolve a billing dispute by calling the 800 number for verizon.  This process is incredibly frustrating and I've spent several hours at this point trying to resolve my dispute.  Long story short is that Verizon agreed to a $20 a month manual credit to  my account for being a "Valued Verizon Customer".  THe first two months were not credited so I called in October and they gave me the credit.  They also told me I would have to call monthly to get the credit as it is a  manual adjustment.  I called today and the customer service agent and supervisor tells me they don't see the information in the system to support giving me a credit.  I have the email confirmations but they tell me they cannot receive emails.  So, what am I supposed to do to resolve this issue?

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Dabosch,

We're glad we were able to assist with your billing concern. Feel free to reach out anytime you require assistance by creating a new post.

Thanks,

Ali Adam

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Thank you for contacting us via your private support case. This issue is now resolved. Please let us know if you have anymore questions or concerns. We are here 24/7!

-Mitchell

0 Likes
dabosch1

Hello:

I just received my bill and notice it is approximately $20 higher again - total is $206.32.  I am trying to understand why the $20 credit was removed once again.  Thanks

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

We have reopened your private support case regarding your billing issue.

0 Likes
dabosch1
Hello: I received a message from josh asking if I viewed my bill online. There was no option for me to reply to Josh's message. I did not view the bill online as I received a hard copy. The bill has been fine for several months in the hard copy format so not sure why I need to view it online at this point. Please unlock the other message thread so I can reply. Thanks
0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

You need to reply by going to your profile and clicking on the link under "My support cases".  Otherwise, the support agents will not see your response.

@dabosch wrote:
Hello: I received a message from josh asking if I viewed my bill online. There was no option for me to reply to Josh's message. I did not view the bill online as I received a hard copy. The bill has been fine for several months in the hard copy format so not sure why I need to view it online at this point. Please unlock the other message thread so I can reply. Thanks
0 Likes
dabosch1
Hello: I am yet again having the same issue. I sent a PM Thursday night and no response so going back to a post I could find that was still open. I had the same issue in October 2014 but could not reopen the thread so posting here. Please get this straight, having to deal with this every other month is extra work for me. i called upon receiving my October bill and was issued a $40 credit which covered October and November. The December bill was not adjusted manually which is what is to happen monthly. Please look into this issue ASAP.
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dabosch,

We have reopened your Private Support case.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dabosch,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
nyrican2350

You can complain until you are blue in the face and Verizon will do nothing and force you to pay monies they believe you owe even if you say you don't owe it.  I think you should do what I am going to do and report them to BBB and The department of consumer affairs.

0 Likes