phone
Williambeb

does any one know why the in coming calls don't come up on the tv? I had Comcast and switched to Verizon

0 Likes
Re: phone
tns
Master - Level 2

There is a option in the STB menu to test and fix the display of callerid.  It does get screwed up at times.  Menu, customer support, in home agent, callerid troubleshooter.

0 Likes
Williambeb

I have called Verizon and Direct tv, about in coming calls don't come up on my tv, and there response was you need a phone line from the wall jack to the tv ( which is only about 5 ft away from one another). Both said it's the other guys job not mine, what the crap is going on. Don't you think that the line should have been hooked up?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Okay.  Verizon is not your TV service in your case.  In your case its DirecTv marketed to you by Verizon.  DirecTv boxes work as said.  You need a phone connected to the STB.  Its been a long time since I had DirecTv, but it was mandatory to have a phone line connected for some functions such as VOD and Callerid.   DirecTv installers, at least in the past, were always lazy about running the necessary phone lines.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

DirecTV will typically connect a phone line if one happens to be nearby when they are putting in service. If the technicians have the skills and cabling available, like the techs who wired my home for Dish Network when we dropped what was Adelphia Cable back in the early 2000s (back when Adelphia was going through corruption and high prices and before we moved to DirecTV), they will actually wire up and manufacture a phone cable for you.

Even then, if you do connect your receives to the phone lines make sure they have DSL filters on them if you have DSL. Otherwise, expect lots of problems. Same goes with inserting the filter backwards without a coupler if you're inserting the male end of the filter (The RJ-11 connection) directly into the receiver. That causes problems with DSL as well and also throws the line off balance.

0 Likes