$200 Gift Card
cmathieu1717
Enthusiast - Level 1

In January 2023, I signed up for a Gigspeed internet connection. As part of this deal, I was told I would receive a $200 gift card - to sweeten the deal. I was informed by the agent that it would take 60 days before I could claim the gift card.  The agent also informed me that in my specific case, I have until May 13th to claim the card otherwise the offer will expire. 

The 60 days came and went. I called and spoke with a Verizon representative who informed me that it can take 48-72 hours after the 60-day period to allow the account to clear of any outstanding monies owed  - this period also came and went and still no email and the card is not available as a redemption on the section of the website I was instructed to look. 

I called again today and I was told a manual process had occurred and this will again take 3-4 WEEKS. This would be pushing right up against the May 13th deadline.

I've been a Verizon customer for over a decade. The level of service has dropped significantly in that time. Please do not fall for the same thing that I did, Verizon is practicing PREDATORY behavior and they are hoping customers will let the deal lapse. A gift card should be delivered ASAP if promised with a contract negotiation. 

I'm highly disappointed with the service and have wasted a lot of time but continue to get the run-around. I've also noticed that the message boards and forums are littered with people facing the same issue. Buyer beware. 

My hope is Verizon will escalate this issue and simply get me what I was promised. 

0 Likes
Re: $200 Gift Card
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Hi @cmathieu1717 

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of this page. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Re: $200 Gift Card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, cmathieu1717! Thanks for reach with us! We can definitely help you with the complete information regarding the gift card you comment and we understand how important is for you to get correctly your gift cards.

Please, send us a private note so we can continue assisting you with the resolution of your request. Remember, we're available 24/7!

>Jonathan

0 Likes