Adding new router to my Fios account and returning rented router
Terrie21

I have bought a new router from Best Buy. I have it connected and it is working. I want to return my Verizon rented router. I have been told by the Verizon store that I tried to return the rented router to that before they can take it back, Verizon has to add my MAC S/N number of my new router to my account. If they don't do that and I return the rented router, I will lose my internet service.  I do not want this to happen. I have called several times and each time the Verizon rep said I did not need to have anything added to my account and to just return the rented router. I also chatted with several Verizon reps and one even said they added the new MAC S/N number. However, when I went back to the Verizon store, they again said that I must have the new router's MAC S/N number added to my account before returning the rented router. They said nothing had been added yet to my account. I am in a circle, where I can not get the help I need.     Is it necessary to add new MAC S/N before returning the rented router? Will I lose my internet service if it is not added first?  If I need to add it, how can I get Verizon to add it when they insist I don't need to. Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Adding new router to my Fios account and returning rented router
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

So other peer users can assist you better:

#1 What is the brand and model of your new NAT router?

#2 Do you also have Fios TV One / Fios One TV?

0 Likes