Address for Complaints on Poor Service
dbatty90293
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm looking for an e-mail address or physical mail (aka "snail mail") address I can use to submit a complaint regarding Verizon Online's (DSL in my case) horrid customer service.  The Verizon website does not provide any useful information on this.  I want to be sure that someone beyond the poorly trained foreign sub-contractors are aware of what poor service they are providing.  There seems to be no sense of accountability or concern when customers are not happy. 

If someone has an e-mail address or mailing address for the manger responsible for support in the Southern California region, I would greatly appreciate it. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
dbatty90293
Enthusiast - Level 2

The e-mail page is a web form:

https://www22.verizon.com/Content/ContactUs/EmailUs/emailus.htm

There is no drop-down option corresponding to filing a complaint about poor service for Internet Service. 

I've already been contacted by a U.S. based representative.  They were apologetic and offered a credit.  They also offered very little hope of any real change to the way they support their DSL users.  They've probably done all they're going to do.  Providing reasonable customer service just isn't cost effective from their perspective.    I doubt I will select Verizon next time I select from a list of broadband providers. 

View solution in original post

35 Replies
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes
Scovl

Fios is the worst WiFi provider i have ever had the 5g will not even cover my 2500sq ft house then they want me to pay an extra $130 to get another network plug install for my WiFi extender to work with out cutting out I been a loyal customer for years but I think it is ready to be Comcast for me the WiFi is a lot better and will cover my whole house cost more put you get what you pay for 

0 Likes
ckrostek

I can't even adequately explain how upset with Verizon I am right now. They have made so many mistakes on my account that I can't even list them. This time, when calling about another issue, I was told I made a duplicate payment of $554 on July 1st and the representative mistakenly refunded me the "duplicate" $554. There is much more to this story and why I didn't realize it wasn't a duplicate payment but I can only write so much. On July 29th, Verizon sent me an email notification saying I owe $837 and I was in shock1 First of all, I am not supposed to get emails from Verizon at my work email, but if I hadn't, I wouldn't have even known there was a problem. I called and spoke to a John who said that a mistake was made and there wasn't a duplicate payment which caused me to still owe $554. I told him that I was overwhelmed between 2 jobs, a husband in a nursing home and taking care of a house, a yard and two dogs, I hadn't looked at my checking account statements but I have a balance of $30. I had just closed on a home equity loan and paid all my credit cards off and must have used the money Verizon refunded me in error on other bills. John said since the representative made a mistake and it wasn't my fault he was going to escalate this to have the $554 taken off my bill and he would call me the next day (July 30th) by 2:30 pm to confirm that it was taken care of. John never called me back so last night I called and talked to Andrea who said John shouldn't have said that but I owed the money. I asked her to get in touch with John to see what happened to the escalation. I went online last night and there was a note on my account at Verizon that said I made a payment arrangement to pay the entire balance on July 29th but since it was already after midnight on July 31st, I was already in jeopardy of having my "services interrupted." I just spent the last 2 and one half hours on the phone and am now on hold with the 8th person to try to find out what happened to the escalation and to get help. I spoke to a representative and their supervisor but found out I was in the wrong department after 45 minutes, and then another representative and their supervisor, Mrs. Clinton in the billing department, Mrs. Clinton just kept repeating that I owned the money and didn't address the issue so I asked for her supervisor. After speaking with Mrs. Mitchell who kept talking over me and treating me like I did something wrong, I realized no one was going to help me and asked her to transfer me to someone who could help me set up a payment. She transferred me to a voicemail that said press 1 for yes and 2 for no so I hung up and started again. I spoke to Taneisha who said I would have to pay 6 payments of $139 per in addition to my regular bill which is now late but would have been on time if they didn't refund the money. I asked to pay less than that and she said I would have to speak with her supervisor but when she switched me to her supervisor I was disconnected. I called back and spoke to Jessica, another representative and told her what happened and she switched me to her supervisor Sam. Sam at least told me what all the notes said which confirmed everything I had said along. Unfortunately she said I had to pay $189.80 over 3 payments through September 4th at which time I will then be behind about $550 for the next two bills. I have been a customer for almost 40 years and have never been more than 1 bill behind. Verizon's representatives have made a series of mistakes and Verizon does not want to own up to them. I feel very upset because I am so easily gotten rid of. One person does not matter to Verizon. If I don't pay back the money ASAP when Verizon made the mistake, I will be shut off. What about all the people who haven't been paying their bills on time for 40 years? If I am not given an apology and some kind of consideration for the consistent problems caused by customer service representatives, I am going to be writing a letter to the President of Verizon and the Board of Directors.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ckrostek,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
FuriousConsumer

Verizon Wireless has got to be the worst service I have ever experienced. Since I first started my phone service I have experienced spikes in data usage in my phone, I have two others on my account, while my girlfriend uses her data constantly and only seems to use half of what I do. I have called and complained time and time again and all I ever get is, "well sir, it seems that you are using this data and you'll just have to pay your bill". It is absolutely ludicrous that I use over 8 gigs of data in less than a months time when all I do is listen to internet radio, and as I mentioned before, my girlfriend uses her data constantly for YouTube, Pandora, Internet videos, etc. When I was finally fed up with my 300 dollar bills and tried to address a 'tech' he snidely replied to me that they are telling my what is going on with my phone service and I am just not listening. So here is the question that I pose for you VERIZON, how does my girlfriend use a fraction of that data from internet radio on a 6 hr. trip to Atlanta, than I do in the gym in an HOUR!!!!! You can't explain it, and instead of being a good company and doing right by you customers, YOU JUST DON'T CARE! But that's OK, screw me for now and when it comes time, I'll wave goodbye without ever ever ever resigning with Verizon if you were that last phone company in existence, and also in the mean time I'm making sure I inform everyone that I know, and even strangers I pass at the Verizon kiosks, Whatever you do, go anywhere else but Verizon, here is what they did to me, and will soon be doing to you

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello FuriousCustomer

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.
For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless Community at http://community.verizonwireless.com/

0 Likes
westfieldnj

I have been in the Westfield, NJ Verizon store three times this week.  Each time I experienced long waits for service (half an hour +) with no seating available.  The Verizon rep dutifully takes down your name and asks, "service or sales?"   Any customer who is there for sales gets the next available rep, whereas customers needing service have to wait until there are no more buyers in the store before a rep will help you.  EMPLOYESS SHOULD BE CROSSED TRAINED SO THAT THEY CAN ASSIST WITH BOTH SERVICE AND SALES!  That way, customers could be seen in the order that they enter the store.  I resent that after waiting for forty-five minutes, leaning against a wall, a person walks in  off the street, says the magic word "sales" and got instant service. 

0 Likes
shirl13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't bother with that, it  does not work, and yo ucan't get in touch with anyone

0 Likes
alfiequeens

I have had internet and phone problems since 2007. I have a laundry list supposedly on file and want all my conversations recorded along with the list of concerns. I have now contacted Verizon Customer Service and have gotten a response that a manager will phone me within 24 hours.

Additonally, I contacted The NYS Attorney General Public Service Commission (PCS) and filed a complaint. I received a Case # and they will conduct a further investigation if Verizion's response is not to my satisfaction.

There are other agencies such as Consumer Complaint Agency that are not affiliated with lawyers but are there for the consumer. 

I am looking for a monetary resolution as soon as possible and the wonderful people at Verizon that I have spoken with so far are to my knowledge NOT able to do that. I do not want to have to call for a $10 internet refund each and every month.

My time is valuable to me. I am worth $50/hours and on SSDI. Without the communication tools I need I cannot work from home as a tutor, writer, researcher, homeowner and landlord.

I am frustrated and am already disabled so my stress level has sky-rocketed to where I was already hospitalized twice this month.  

From 2008-present, I have calculated my monthly billing and the 4 hour window of waiting for a technician to be about $1800/year. You do the math!

I seek more than an apology because that's the right thing to do - reimbursement after a thorough investigation. 

0 Likes
rufrch

This funny but that the same time NOT funny,  Seems like I'm not the only one receiving bad service. I just not off the phone, spending more than a hour on the phone and I'm no where near getting close to resolve my issue. I spoke with a manager to no avail. I asked to speak to his boss, all he could tell me was to go on the website and file a complaint with corporate. Guess what? I can't find anywhere on the website where I can file a complaint to corporate. I keep getting rerouted to other things unrelated to what I'm looking for. PAR for the course when it comes to customer service.

0 Likes
hopeless13

Did you ever get an address?  I am going through the same thing.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried Googling for their Manhattan Office? I was able to find it with a quick search.

Verizon Communications, Inc.

140 West Street

New York, NY 10007

Even though some sites say this address is not there, it's kind of hard to pack up an entire Headquarters like that and set up someplace else. Better to write a formal letter to Verizon than to send off an e-mail.

0 Likes
asppp134
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon uses people in the Philippines who do not care whether they fix your problem or not. DOES VERIZON. They hang up on you and the web site is designed to discourage any help. The best thing anybody can do is CANCEL THEIR VERIZON INTERNET SERVICE. I regret every leaving AOL. I never had any problem with them and when I had a question they were willing to help find the answer. Most of the time it was me. It is a shame when qualified Americans are UNEMPLOYED and they choose to use foreign labor but Verizon want your American Dollars. It is time to send a message TO VERIZON CORPORATION telling them we as American are tired of their treatment. This is a non-union company who hates for Americans to earn a fair living but the Corporate Bib Fat cats enjoy the big profits off us by using foreign labor. WAke up American. Why are we in the mess with no American working.  Thank you VERIZON..

RetiredDBA
Contributor - Level 2

I don't want to disparage anyone who has received poor service form Verizon and who has expressed frustration.  And I don't claim that Verizon is perfect.

But I am going to say that the sales reps and tech people I have talked to on the phone compare favorably to their counterpoarts in the cable company, and at some cell phone or long distance companies. 

My sample could be unrepresentative.  Or it could be that Verizon does a good job for 99% of its customers and a really terrible job for the other 1%.  And of course, the 1% are going to be more vocal than the 99%.  And 1% of a very big number is still a big number.

0 Likes
GPC2

If you don't know the % figures of good service vs bad service, then don't give the numbers. Had 3 different specialized techs doing their particular task to install our system.. Well 1 out of 3 did their job correctily.

The one who laid our cable line cut our water line.. ie always verify your route... I'm currently trying to get payment for the wasted water, and, as usually for a big company, they said I corresponded to the wrong dept. And insist I call instead of write. Please note, I still like written documentation.. ie a Customers Choice.. For example, here is just a sample of their English?? "..This will not never be handled out of correspondence. Please call cust serv. Transferred letter to complaint depart...."

So I may not know the figures... But in my case, I have dealt with 4 Reps... and 3 suck... So for little ol' me this is 75% bad service.

0 Likes
ConfusedinNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

My biggest frustration with my Verizon DSL problems is continual breakdowns on central office equipment without the ability to refer them a trouble directly.  My latest outage (24 hours) from 9/2/10-9/3/10 was a bad router in the central office.  In six months of service I have been out of service eight times.  The frustration is customer service in India cannot refer a trouble to Network in NJ (where the problem is) without following a protocol which requires I recheck my modem & PC adnauseum with them, even though the issue is a broken connection between the modem and the server.  This is true even after a network trouble is issued. If you call them back for status, you need to repeat all the non problem finding checks, to get a status on the real problem in NJ. 

blacknblue2
Enthusiast - Level 3
You have hit upon the big problem and that is communication breakdown. In 4 years of VZ service, I have had many breakdowns in service that varies from 1 day to almost two weeks. The problem has always, always, always been located in the CO. VZ would go a long, long, long way with customer service if they had phone numbers that you could reach someone in the USA that is located regionally near company offices. I am not sure if today's corporations care much about customer satisfaction reputation but they REALLY care about stockholder satisfaction. They don't even care about customer attrition because it costs less to get a new customer than it does to keep a customer satisfied. If it were physically possible, they would offshore their field techs. I'm in south central PA. Imagine how well it could work if there were a call center that handled central PA / northern MD and the north part of NJ & Phila. Those centers would have a direct line to each CO and could call direct and ask..."do you have a problem in such and such a location." Then when we have problems we could get an answer yes/no and how long until a fix. If it isn't in the CO then we would know that we need to call the number for people to be sent to our house or phone line checks. My current problem has lasted a week and they wasted the time of a tech to come to my house. After a call yesterday to VZ, they sent me to a higher tier support center that really sounded line a USA center. They did a different check of the lines and finally concluded there is a problem with a cable on one of the poles. Which poles he could not say but they will be sending a bucket truck to run along the lines to check. Because of the ridiculous protocol were we start in India, they do their questioning protocol like "what operating system do you use", their full line check protocol where they do a line check, it shows errors, they must wait 4 hours, another line check shows errors, they must wait 12 hours to do another check and then they can consider a maintenance ticket. BUT they don't know if it is a CO problem, a cable on the pole problem, etc. so they waste a techs time coming to the house when most of the time it is a CO problem and at times a problem on a pole. Sorry for run on sentences. A different service report protocol would in the long term save VZ money and be more efficient. Hm? Long term thinking, now there is something that Corps don't normally consider. To be honest looking at the current financial mess, a lot of citizens don't use long term thinking but that is another story.
0 Likes
blacknblue2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ha ha ha ha communication is NOT in the VZ dictionary.

Fifteen minutes ago my cell phone rang but it was in the other room and I didn't get to it in time.  Looked and it was VZ calling.  Since they are working on my problem and I have an appointment for a tech tomorrow I thought maybe they are following up or confirming the appointment.

When I dialed the number I realized that I am heading into the land of frustration.  I was reaching the India call center and my simple question is "why did you call?"  I knew it would not be simple and I am now 17 minutes into the call.  The past 5 minutes I've been listening to that incessant on-hold music.

Communication is so bad you can't even call back and ask ---- what did you want?

At this point I am a bit rude.  I refused to follow their script.  I told them I called to find out why VZ called me.  Then they went into the what are the other numbers for us to contact you,  I see there was a tech out two days ago what did he do, blah, blah blah.  Again I told them, I will not go through with your script, you find out and I will wait.

SO here I sit doing work and allowing VZ to try and figure out why they called me.

Communication breakdown!  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
ditzywithitall
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree. I mailed them a complaint and got no response. Have considered contacting the attorney general, if you don't pay their in home repair service good luck getting someone to come out. They said they would be here & no show. I would rather pay all at once than monthly and supposedly it is your choice to buy the maintenance, they wouldn't come out until I purchased it, then charged me for the call and the monthly. I have since cancelled again. Every time you call they say 'if it's inside', blah blah blah...Called about poor service when I called another carrier, said it was the other carriers prob. Called the other carrier, Verizon's prob. I pay Verizon as far as I'm concerned it's the companies problem that I'm giving my money to.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You might try getting that info here:

http://www.verizon.com/contactus