Anyone else experience slower than dial up speeds with dsl?
alans87

For the past 3 days, my dsl service has been slower than my brother's aol dial up,haha. A few of my friends in the same area that have Verizon dsl are also having the same problem. I do know that our local Verizon substation has had numerous problems since it was gutted out by a fire about a year ago. Ever since then we have days where we loose internet all together, sometimes lasting a few days. I was just wondering if anyone else has the same problems or is it just my bad luck?

0 Likes
Re: Anyone else experience slower than dial up speeds with dsl?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the brand and model of your modem?

#2 What is the brand and model of your router?

0 Likes
alans87
I have a Westell 6100G and I also tried my old Westell 327W and it was no different. I have reset the modem and I also checked the modem status and all seems fine on this end. Last night and earlier this morning I could not get on the internet at all. Right now it is taking me minutes just to get to a page and that is if I get there at all. I have been trying to get on this forum all day and some how lucked out enough to get to where I can reply. I am sure it will go back to where I cannot even get back on at all.
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Can we see those status?

#2 Did you try connecting your modem to the NID?

If not, please do that - and recheck those stats.

If you do not what a NID is, see http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1317

0 Likes