Re: Certificate Error, Router home page hacked? (192.168.1.1)
Kiwi2020

I was able to get through using google chrome that allows you to bypass the warning 

0 Likes
Re: Can't Log in to Verizon Router Bad Security Certificate G3100 192.168.1.1
Itsverna
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is still an issue. It's obvious. Everytime I call Verizon they try to up sell their mesh system. That's the reason they won't fix it. They want customers to get so frustrated they buy a newer router , just like they are doing with their set top boxes. They have changed menus and vod to thumbnail pics instead of text and now the HD boxes are so slow they freeze every few rows for 5to 10secs it's unusable and only 1 box can vod at once due to bandwidth which is not true. On top of that they removed advanced router settings from the page. Now I can't turn on upnp or refresh nat which keeps switching to off and moderate every few hrs on xbox1 after agent told me it wouldn't do that. Getting tired of this and ready to switch to another isp after 4 yrs. Latency has also tripled since June. 

0 Likes
FireFish1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m ashamed to say that I resolved my issue by ‘drinking the cool-aid’ and buying that new white tower router. I assume that’s what you meant by the new mesh network. 
Even worse, after splurging for that router, I found out that my two Verizon range extenders aren’t compatible with the new router, and I need to buy two new range extenders, which I did. Technically I rented them with the intention of buying them if I like what I see, which I must say I do. 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@FireFish wrote:

I found out that my two Verizon range extenders aren’t compatible with the new router, and I need to buy two new range extenders

While you are more than welcome to buy Verizon's newest extenders for being meshed WiFi 6 and MoCA 2.5, but the older extender WCB6200Q do seem to work with G3100 with the latest firmware (1.1L.04.48) from Actiontec.

Actiontec manufactures Fios Network Extender Gen 1 and Gen 2. Gen 1 is WCB3000N, which has been tested to be compatible with G3100; Gen 2 is WCB6200Q, which, however, has MoCA compatibility issues with G3100. Actiontec has recently confirmed that the newest Verizon firmware for WCB6200Q (1.1L.04.48) "should" render it compatible with MoCA 2.5 devices (such as G3100). Therefore, I would ask you to see what firmware version do you have on those WCB6200Qs. I believe you are likely to have 1.1L.04.45.

0 Likes