Connecting G1100 and CR1000A wirelessly
Piyush1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I have a new CR1000A and od G1100 routers with me. Because of a multistoried house I wanted to connect both of them together and use old G1100 as an extender.

I am able to connect them together with a LAN and it works. But since I wanted to keep both routers on different floors, I wanted to be able to connect them wirelessly.

First of all, is it possible to do so with these two routers? I tried for couple of hours and was not able to do so.

Second, if it is not possible, what would I need to do so along with CR1000A router? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks !

1 Solution
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Linking access points wirelessly is always not advisable.

If you are placing the satellite node at a remote location, the signal from the main node is already weak, not mentioning it would need to cut the bandwidth in half for the downstream client devices along with the backhaul.

You can do Ethernet-Ethernet backhaul or Coax-Coax backhaul. A house not wired for Ethernet should be wired for Coax at least.

E3200 cannot be backhauled to CR1000A wireless. The mini wall socket nodes for CR1000A is not available I believe, and I heard it is not very stable. E3200 can backhaul to G3100 wirelessly, but the manual did not even mention this more than 1 to 2 sentences as it is the last resort.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

No.

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Linking access points wirelessly is always not advisable.

If you are placing the satellite node at a remote location, the signal from the main node is already weak, not mentioning it would need to cut the bandwidth in half for the downstream client devices along with the backhaul.

You can do Ethernet-Ethernet backhaul or Coax-Coax backhaul. A house not wired for Ethernet should be wired for Coax at least.

E3200 cannot be backhauled to CR1000A wireless. The mini wall socket nodes for CR1000A is not available I believe, and I heard it is not very stable. E3200 can backhaul to G3100 wirelessly, but the manual did not even mention this more than 1 to 2 sentences as it is the last resort.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes