Current plan incorrectly disconnected upon scheduling future Fios internet service
evnbv

I am moving soon, and have Verizon Fios internet at my current address. After scheduling an installation specifically for the page for ‘planning a move’ for my new address, my current plan at my current residence (not set to expire until multiple weeks from now, right after my upcoming move) stopped providing internet (Fios router solid yellow light). After chatting with several customer service chat representatives, they insisted that I set a disconnection date for today. I am certain that I did not consent anywhere or at any time to having my plan disconnected today, and am in the middle of my billing period when my internet services were stripped from me. The only reason for this refusal of service being a continued Verizon customer, and chat representatives keep referring me to phone agents that they know aren’t working today, refusing to help otherwise. I keep getting referred back in circles to the chat representatives, and I just need something really basic done. I didn’t enter that disconnect date, it came from the Verizon side. The only possible reason I can think of for that is that after I scheduled my new installation, Verizon falsely attributed my old address to my new installation in my plan information until correcting it about 30 minutes later. It was very clearly a mistake on Verizon’s side exclusively, and not something I could have done anything about — the order number started with the state code of the new address, so clearly I had entered the address correctly, yet the old address was attributed to it for reasons beyond my control. I am looking at having no internet (which is necessary for my job) for 2+ weeks and through a move just because of this mistake. Please I would greatly appreciate if I could be referred to someone who can make the 1 simple change of the incorrect disconnection date falsely attributed to my current Fios internet plan.

0 Likes
Re: Current plan incorrectly disconnected upon scheduling future Fios internet service
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are largely talking to other customers here.

There may be some communication errors. The service representative should ask you for the order's effective date. On that date, the changes would take effect.

Going forward, I recommend you to use the chat instead of the phone, so you can keep a written record of your communication.

For now, I believe a support agent will reach you through Private Message soon.

Re: Current plan incorrectly disconnected upon scheduling future Fios internet service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi evnbv,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes