DSL Half The Speed, Nonsense Answer From Verizon About It
hiddenpond1

My DSL Speed went from around 3 to 1.5 in the last week and I called to get them to help fix it and the response I got after an hour on the phone and on hold was that is the speed available to me as I live too far from a Verizon Station. I re explained twice that I have been paying and had 3 for years and my house didn't pick up and move and I kept getting the same answer without them listening to the little logic that makes.  About a month ago they offered FIOS to my street and I get something in the mail about it every day and I'm wondering if they are slowing down speeds on purpose to force people to want FIOS. Seems a bit odd this is going on otherwise and they won't help fix what ever the issue is. I was going to get FIOS at some point but now I'm so annoyed I'm thinking about ditching my DSL and not going through them and doing something else. Does anyone else have a similar problem or had one? Since they won't look into this I'm not sure what else to do burt leave. I think I should get my money back for being charged 3 all these years as well since they are saying I can't get it but signed me up for it.

0 Likes
Re: DSL Half The Speed, Nonsense Answer From Verizon About It
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you  and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you. 

0 Likes