DSL down AGAIN?
ltcap

today is sept. 7th. over the period of the last couple of months, i've come home from 10-12 hours at work, to find the internet service down. usually upon calling, i'd get something like "it's a problem on our end" and it would then be handled fairly quickly....relatively speaking. last time, a couple weeks ago, the guy said that it was my modem. i still had one of the old westell wirespeed modems. he agreed to send me out a new modem/router. it's an actiontec.

this past week, the service has been acting goofy. slow, dropping out, then coming back up, so i finally installed the new modem. it hooked up, connected easily, and things seemed to be ok as of last night.

whelp.....woke up this morning, and NO $%^ CONNECTION.  i called to find out what was going on. this was AFTER i power cycled the modem. i called from the same line that the dsl comes in through. so what does she tell me after 36 friggin minutes? it's a problem with the line coming into my home. yet i WAS ON THAT LINE TALKING TO HER.

needless to say, i'm really seriously unhappy. for a number of reasons.

1)i've had this service since the 90's, never a problem till the last year or os.

2) i can't seem to get a customer service rep that i can easily understand.

3) i can't seem to get a customer service rep that knows anything other than to read from the script.

4) it really is unacceptable in this day and age to have the service keep dropping, to have people doing customer service that don't have a clue, or the ability to clearly speak english, and to end the call with something that is obviously not the solution.

if i can't get this resolved today(i highly doubt it will be), i will be calling comcast tomorrow morning, and will be canceling my service through verizon by tomorrow night.

0 Likes
Re: DSL down AGAIN?
ltcap

a quick update. they're still not admitting a problem with the servers, and scheduled an apt for tuesday between 8 and 12. i'll be at work. i will also have comcast before then if that's how they're gonna play it.

0 Likes
Re: DSL down AGAIN?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ltcap,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes