Re: DSL dropping every half hour or so...
beyondzero

My connection has been stable for the last 6 hours.  *crossing fingers*

0 Likes
kGGG

I am from the reading area in P.A and my internet has the same problem. It's on for 3hours then later it shuts off for two hours, it is really unstable. Hopefully Verizon will solve this ASAP.

0 Likes
esgdeck
Just want to reiterate that after two days I am still COMPLETELY without internet. Pressed the reset on my modem two days ago and the internet has not come on since. Going on three days with no internet access, this is absurd.
0 Likes
Pandaha

Hi there, seems that this has been going on since the same time I've been being disconnected as well. Living in Pittsburgh, PA

Thursday August 2nd: Around 3:30 pm my internet light went off completely on modem, but net stayed fine after that

Friday August 3rd: Internet goes off after 10 minutes of being online, took 1 minute to reconnect, then goes out about another 20 times in the next 3-5 hours

Friday Night: Called Verizon tech support about the internet. Guy told me to turn the modem off and on. He then tested the lines in area and said they were fine. I mentioned about a verizon truck being down a few streets from my residence working on the poles, and seems there were more verizon trucks in the area, not sure why... but he said that there was nothing wrong on their end and my line was fine. He said the problem should be fixed now, of course I wasn't so sure about it since it was odd as I already turned off modem and back on, it's always tthe first thing I do when the net goes out. Net went out about 10 minutes after talking to him... called verizon again, and same thing happened. Third time was pretty interesting, the lady on the phone helped me bridge my modem to my router and such, something I've never even thought of the year i've had a router for... and she said if the problem persists, I probably have a bad modem. Problem persisted, new modem on it's way which is nice anyway, since it's like 4-5 years old.

Saturday/Sunday: Net continued to disconnect like it has been, nothing new here...

Monday: Checked out this Website and saw others having the problem. Seems it's an area problem which was never brought to my attention when on phone, maybe because they just found it out within the weekend....

[b]Since 4:30 PM eastern standard time I've been having a stable internet connection, no dsl light blinking and connection runs smooth[/b] - anybody else still having issues??

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Have you contacted Verizon regarding your issue?

@esgdeck wrote:
Just want to reiterate that after two days I am still COMPLETELY without internet. Pressed the reset on my modem two days ago and the internet has not come on since. Going on three days with no internet access, this is absurd.

0 Likes
Quarter28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Connection has been stable for 9+ hours.  It seems like it's been fixed.  Thanks.

0 Likes
MJavier76

as of 6:50 am, still having issues in Pittsburgh PA.

I got online without a problem for about 20 minutes before the DSL light on my modem dropped out.

after SEVERAL reboots, the light wouldn't stay lit.  taking a break for a bit to see if it was just a hiccup on my line.

0 Likes
Crashman1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Out here in the north suburbs of Pittsburgh (McCandless), still up and connected after 26 hours.  Don't think there were any drops during the night or this morning. 

0 Likes
beyondzero

Still looking good in Lancaster, PA area.  I think they fixed it:

Aug  7 05:58:47 gw pppd[6259]: No response to 3 echo-requests
Aug  7 05:58:47 gw pppd[6259]: Serial link appears to be disconnected.
Aug  7 05:58:47 gw pppd[6259]: Connect time 1035.5 minutes.
Aug  7 05:58:47 gw pppd[6259]: Sent 549523652 bytes, received 3359910876 bytes.
Aug  7 05:58:47 gw pppd[6259]: Connection terminated.
Aug  7 05:58:47 gw pppd[6259]: Exit.
Aug  7 05:58:53 gw pppd[7214]: pppd 2.4.4 started by root, uid 0
Aug  7 05:58:53 gw pppd[7214]: Using interface ppp0
Aug  7 05:58:53 gw pppd[7214]: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/pts/1
Aug  7 05:58:55 gw pppd[7214]: PAP authentication succeeded
Aug  7 05:58:55 gw pppd[7214]: local  IP address x.x.x.x.
Aug  7 05:58:55 gw pppd[7214]: remote IP address 10.12.10.1

Just that one drop yesterday ~6AM and rock solid for last 34 hours.  Would love to hear from Verizon what the root cause was...

plus how we could get L1 to recognize an issue like this when we call.

0 Likes
hadenuff

Here in southern Somerset County we are still having issues.  Also having issues with landline, checked at the NID and no dial tone there but Verizon's wonderful customer service bot's claim the issue is with the wiring inside my house.  I don't know how VZ manages to keep customers with this awful customer service.  You have to jump through hoops just to manage to talk to an actual person, and then that person will only be from the USA and speak clear and understandable English if you have done some kind of good deed that day and fate decides to smile on upon you!!

0 Likes