Enhanced DSL
Bob22301
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had enhanced for two years.  Down speed at 2.8.  Changing billing, now Verizon provisions me at .5 to 1 and states

that enhanced is not available to my number at any price.  Neighbors in same pedestal still have

3.0 on their line according to Verizon tech rep.   Anyone know of any other recourse other than state SCC.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Enhanced DSL
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Speaking to billing again and have them get in touch with someone from Engineering. It sounds like they're having an issue with their qualification database for your address.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Speaking to billing again and have them get in touch with someone from Engineering. It sounds like they're having an issue with their qualification database for your address.

justRLuck
Enthusiast - Level 2

After 7 years my speed was reduced to 1.5Mbps. I complained. Verizon sent me a new D-Link modem. No change. Only when a tech called me and reset my account (at Verizon) did my service return to 3Mbps. Today I am back to 1.5Mbps. Customer Service reps have all been very nice in trying to resolve my issue but it seems Verizon is reducing speeds and increasing prices across the board. 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@justRLuck wrote:

After 7 years my speed was reduced to 1.5Mbps. I complained. Verizon sent me a new D-Link modem. No change. Only when a tech called me and reset my account (at Verizon) did my service return to 3Mbps. Today I am back to 1.5Mbps. Customer Service reps have all been very nice in trying to resolve my issue but it seems Verizon is reducing speeds and increasing prices across the board. 

When you ask Verizon to turn your speed back up, make sure you also ask them to disable the ASSIA Optimizer on your line. Otherwise the same thing will happen again.

0 Likes
Bob22301
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, 

Yesterday,  started with csr in Indiana and transferred to tech in Philippines.  All said system would not allow change back.   Later, got csr in Florida who has issued some type of internal engineering trouble ticket with follow up by the 15th.

We will see.

0 Likes
Bob22301
Enthusiast - Level 2

No resolution yet.   Anyone have any idea how to find the location of local (Richmond, VA) business office?

I'm told they can switch it back with about two keystrokes. 

0 Likes
Bob22301
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any idea how to find the Richmond, Va local business office ?  Tech came and checked everything yesterday and says all is fine and business office call restore with two key strokes.

0 Likes