Re: Ethernet upload speed dropping to less then 1mbs every 10 minutes for 1 minute
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Folks,

You're talking to other users here.  If you want to get this in front of Verizon, you need to contact them.  Instead of using chat or phone support, try their social media team.  They can be reached two ways:

Both go to the same team; pick one based on  your preference for posting or tweeting.

If you open a case and it's doesn't get resolved, you can raise the issue to executive relations.  Google "Verizon executive relations" for the contact form.  Note that they typical do not get involved unless the normal support channel is not resolving an issue.

You can also post in the public Verizon FiOS forum on DSLReports, as there are some Verizon people who lurk there.
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzfiber

Re: Packet loss every 10 minutes in Westchester for dozens of people.
GTT1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just want to give an update to all of you here. Few of our users have reported that Verizon Techs have shown them internal tickets acknowledging the widespread (Northeast region) issue and that it is being worked on. 

In addition, we no longer see the 10 min packet loss as of 10:25AM this morning.

Lastly, a 7:15PM today time has been shared as when the issue will be resolved. I'm not holding my breath, but wanted to give you all what information I have.

This thread was useful for me to point Network Engineering to so they can see the various reports and the detailed information available. The other forum isn't public to non-registered users, so it is much harder to just share a link. And my post would have taken dozens of tweets.

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are correct that VZ direct is private - it's used to talk to Verizon support and as setup so people can share private info like account numbers.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzfiber is public, and has some Verizon people who lurk there.

How were you able to talk to "network engineering?"  They are usually walled off from us peons.

0 Likes
andymell

This had gotten better for me yesterday (6/18) as of mid-morning.  But, the issue is now back at 14:22 and 14:31 EDT.

0 Likes
hexx2

Edit: Not sure if it's the same for others. I have a GB connection so it might not have noticed a smaller dip.

The issue seems to have been resolved since yesterday. There has been no noticeable hiccups since last evening.

0 Likes
hexx2

Though much better these past few days. I experienced 2 spikes at 6:52pm and 10:32pm. Maybe they're fixing it.

0 Likes
Noticeable Packet Loss
Ironstone

Hello,

I've encountered a similar problem to another recent forum post but I do not seem to be able to reply to the post so I am creating a new one. As with that post, I am also located on the East Coast.

Over the past two weeks, I have begun noticing packet loss while using FIOS. It's most easily noticed while in faster paced games (Apex, R6, etc.) as my character will stutter and teleport and the games will display the packet loss symbols. In the post that I mentioned, no potential fixes were suggested and the Mod indicated that an agent would reach out to the poster directly so I'm not sure if anyone other than a Mod will be able to help.

I've begun running some diagnostics to see if I could determine what the issue is. So far, I have been able to determine that I am consistently averaging 3-5 packet loss disruptions per minute per PingPlotter. Based off of my memory, I would guess that the majority of my tests are averaging 5-7% packet loss. I don't know if that is a lot but my games seem to suggest that it's enough to create an issue. Per PingPlotter, I am having no packet loss at my router. The packet loss begins occurring at Hops 3 and beyond that contain verizon-gni.net, ALTER.NET or just numbers in their names and then carries through to the final destination. I'm new to this topic but that seems to suggest that the problem lies outside of my house.

Other details if helpful:

My internet speed seems unaffected as the Verizon Speed Test shows my speed as good for both my router and my device.

I've tried the traditional fixes as I spent some time on the phone with a representative yesterday and they were unable to solve the issue.

Edit: Forgot to add, the packet losses do not seem to be time dependent. It is the same regardless of whether it is high traffic hours or off hours.

If anyone has experienced this before or knows of a solution, please let me know.

Thank you

0 Likes