Fios Internet Speed Match 75/35 to 75/75
dennisfa
I currently have Fios internet speed service of 75/35. I called to find out how to get the 75/75 upgrade and Verizon told me to sign up for their points program in order to get the upgrade right away, so I did. Now I am being told that 75/75 is not available in my area and my only option is to sign up for the 150/150 service. When asked, no one at Verizon can tell me why it is not available, even after I signed up for the points program. And I mean no one. Has this happened to anyone else. Any suggestions
0 Likes
Re: Fios Internet Speed Match 75/35 to 75/75
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

What is your ONT model number?

0 Likes
dennisfa
I do not know the box model # but it was manufactured by Motorola.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Open the cover on the Motorola and read the model number on the inside.

0 Likes
rfa5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any responses with this?  I just asked about speed match for my 75/35 account and was also told it is not available!  Seems like false advertising on the part of Verizon!

0 Likes
rfa5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see some of the earlier responses asked what ONT model they had, my ONT is ONT1000M3-OPT

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

@rfa5 wrote:

I see some of the earlier responses asked what ONT model they had, my ONT is ONT1000M3-OPT

The M3 ONT is capable of internet speeds of 3/1, 15/5, 25/25, 35/35, 50/25 and 50/50.

rfa5
Enthusiast - Level 2

What I find funny (or disturbing) is that fact that no one from Verizon steps up to the plate and addresses this issue.  It can't be that they don't know about it...although the service reps on the phone probably don't have a clue why I can't be upgraded.  All that I know is I watch television and I see commercial after commercial hawking this free upgrade and when I inquire about it they have no idea why I can't be upgraded! I guess the only thing they can do is change the ONT and that costs money to send a guy out and change it. So I guess their commercial should say that if we can flip a switch here in the office you'll get a free upgrade, but let's not get crazy...we ain't sending a man out to give you an upgrade!  I guess I'll have to settle on Half Fast as their commercials say!

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The M3 ONT is a B-PON ONT. In order for you to get faster speeds you would have to have a G-PON ONT installed.

0 Likes