Fios Move Issue
JPCustomer2981

I want to start off with saying that Fios service has been great. Without a doubt, it has been the fastest and most reliable internet service I have ever had. 😀

However, I just had the most nonsensical conversation with the Verizon representative regarding having my Fios equipment moved from the third floor to the second floor in the building I own. The representative said that in order for him to put in the move order, he will need to put me into a new plan. I would be paying the same initial monthly cost as I do for my current plan, but that is an introductory offer and my monthly cost will go up when the introductory period has expired.

I let him know that I don’t want to change my plan, just have someone come out and move the connection, so why do I have to change plans? I was told that I my current plan is no longer being offered and so I was grandfather into that plan until there is a service change, your current plan is worth more now.

I explain that to the representative, that is nonsense. You are going to charge me more per month for my current plan simply because I want the service moved 10 feet and it’s worth more? Nonsense! If you wanted me to play more for my current plan, then why not just raise the monthly cost! There is nothing I can do about that. Prices go up all the time.

I don’t get why this insignificant move request would result in the need to my change service plan. I am not making any sort of change to the service. I don’t get why the representative would alienate a happy customer simply because they want to get me out of my current plan. 

🙁

0 Likes
2 Replies
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless things have changed that may be incorrect. I moved three years and I logged into my account and searched Moving. I had to put in my new address and install date. Then I did have the option to upgrade services but there also was an option to keep my current plan. Try online because the reps are always trying to sell or upgrade you with something. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JPCustomer2981,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes