Forced to Drop speed to 1.5 ???
MysteryB
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had perfect service for about seven years. Three new houses built on my street in the past two years, all of a sudden last year started dropping connection, they sold me on moving up to 3MBS to fix the issue, still had problems lasting over a year, now today they forced me back down to 1.5 which will really only be like .8.   This is unbelievable and unacceptable.  All because Verizon doesn't want to upgrade their equipment in the street.    I now feel Verizon is doing this on purpose to sell FIOS.   I will be filing with BBB again, FCC, and the other one I can't say on the forums.

Re: Forced to Drop speed to 1.5 ???
MysteryB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Filed with BBB, FCC, Consumer Affair, **bleep** Consumer, and next will be a firm that I know.  No one cares, if I don't pay my bill they would take me to you know where.  Where is my protection?  Why should I be forced to take a lower speed because their equip all of sudden can't handle it?

0 Likes
MysteryB
Enthusiast - Level 3

So happy my speed was dropped to 1.5.  Now I'm able to get .44 on a good day.  Isn't that awesome?  Thanks Verizon!!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

MysteryB, please check your PMs. I'm looking to get your Transceiver Statistics to get an idea of how your line is physically. If you can get that info to me I'll get you to someone who can help to fix all of this up.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage is the link to get to your PMs.

0 Likes
MysteryB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, I wasn't ignoring you I was just trying to give Verizon another chance since I had three people call and claim they would get me all fixed up, but none of them called back.  PM sent.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not to worry. Doesn't look like I received the PM if you sent one to me. Just re-send your message when you're ready for help from me.

0 Likes
jnepoore
Enthusiast - Level 3

MysteryB, I feel your pain. NO, really I do. Been there. If you are paying for 3mps there is only an acceptable threshold that it can drop down to, and usually only peak times. I do not believe it is as low as 1.5 and certainly not .8 and .44.

I had this problem and I called and was forward to tell them Comcast is out there with comparable speeds if they weren't willing to fix the issue. You don't pay for 3 and get below 2, that's just wrong. You are to get what your sold or it's criminal.

A technician found my line to be, his words first out, 101% congested. Then the 2nd test, more realistic was 99% congested. Now I don't know if it was because I was coming back to them from Comcast or what but he had a tech go to the trunk, tear my line out and hook it up to a completely different and newer piece of equipment at the trunk. I am fortunate enough to be only 2700 feet from the trunk station.

The new connection tested out at 55% congestion and it's been going just fine with me. At least in the future I know if it happens again what to tell them to look at. Fortunately, I live in a small town and only blocks from the main part. It's stable and there's not going to be new homes and developments added near me, there's not place for them.

Sounds like your line has all that congestion and you need to demand an upper technician check for the congestion level and do something about it.

Good luck!  jack  "{:-D

0 Likes
gremlins
Enthusiast - Level 3

I feel you're pain. Getting other parties involved is the only way verizon will actually do something.good luck! I loose all dsl when it rains. this has been going for 2 years.they know where the problem is but when the tech leaves i get an email saying its fixed and no one has done anything .Yes im here  when the come out shake there heads and leave.Its a block of conections on the pole for the block. I pay for 7mg, on a good day I actualy get 3.7, average is a little over 2mg.Also depending on you're distance from you're provider. Verizon has changed alot of infrostructure so you're provider may not be where they once were.Oh when its election time.You may want to voice you're opinion to those public *servants*

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Got your PM, MysteryB. I've sent some details on some things you'll want to adjust on your modem before we continue further, since our goal right now is to get your line running with some ideal settings. From here, we'll get your speed bumped up to what can be accepted.

Right now it looks as if we're dealing with a long line. Looks as if you're roughly at 14,000 Feet of wiring from the DSLAM. Additionally, your line is running in T1.413 mode which can help in many situations with keeping the stats good, but in this case it appears the mode is being forced within the modem itself. I've asked MasteryB to set their modem to "MMODE" or in better terms, Automatic mode so the modem can negotiate the best mode on it's own accord with Verizon's equipment. For all I know, MysteryB may be attached to an ADSL2+ DSLAM and his line is being artificially handicapped.

When the modem's ADSL mode is changed, it will be required to re-train / re-connect (or otherwise reboot the modem), so don't be doing anything online while you adjust this setting, if you don't want your application to break from a disconnection.

When this is done and we get the best mode for his line, we'll proceed with the speed boost and congestion checking.

0 Likes