How do I set up the G3100 router as a repeater using CR1000A as primary
emailme

I have had Verizon internet for many years. I recently upgraded to 1Gbs internet service and received a new CR1000A router. I own the G3100 router that is relatively new from my last upgrade to 500 Mbs, and I still have the old Quantum Gateway G1100 router too. I only have home internet service with Verizon. How do I set up the G3100 or G1100 router as a repeater using CR1000A as the primary router to cover the weak WiFi spot? I have weak WiFi on the second floor, even when my house is all wood. I contacted Verizon for help. They said I couldn't have two routers connected and suggested buying their WiFi extender.  Please advise.  Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

For using G3100 or G1100 as wireless bridges, the firmware does not contain this option.

Notwithstanding this disappointment, you can configure G3100 and G1100 to be access points and some switch ports with Ethernet or Coax uplink. The bottom line is you need to have a wire connect to the G3100 or G1100.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

For using G3100 or G1100 as wireless bridges, the firmware does not contain this option.

Notwithstanding this disappointment, you can configure G3100 and G1100 to be access points and some switch ports with Ethernet or Coax uplink. The bottom line is you need to have a wire connect to the G3100 or G1100.