How to unsubscribe from advanced parental controls on the router
MegDamien
Enthusiast - Level 2

There was a post about this from November 2019, but I never saw a resolution for it. What I'm trying to do is block specific websites from my son's laptop, and I usually just go into the router and do that. However, when I go to Parental Controls, it says the following:

"You are subscribed to Verizon's advanced parental controls. To manage parental controls, please use the My Fios app. The basic controls available through the router without a subscription to our advanced parental controls solution are disabled but still available to view."

It also freezes the entire page so I can't select any devices and make any rules banning certain websites.

As far as I'm aware, the only thing that dictates whether there are some sort of advanced parental controls or not on the My Fios app is the Home Protection Network, which I have not activated. I also don't want to activate it because I want to be able to tell the router specifically what I want to block.

Has anyone run into this and is there a fix? I can't see where there is a way to specifically block websites on the My Fios app, so I'd like to just do that from the router...but I haven't figured it out yet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: How to unsubscribe from advanced parental controls on the router
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think you need to either sign in to My Verizon account online or use the Fios app to disable advanced parental controls.

Internet Manage My Devices Devices & Parental Controls

I am not very familiar with the Fios app, please provide some screenshots if you need further assistance.

0 Likes
Re: How to unsubscribe from advanced parental controls on the router
Parent1235

Hi, I am having the same problem. I spent multiple hours talking to Verizon help and they made me reset the router but could not help.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

0 Likes