Intermittent Ethernet Connection to PC
gabe19827

Recently moved and now use Verizon FIOS. WiFi works fine; however I have a gaming PC that I use an Ethernet with and my internet connection has been very spotty since installation. It ranges anywhere from seconds to minutes of connection. I’m using, from Verizon, a CR1000A Router and an I-211M-L ONT.  Based on some research, I’ve disabled IP6 on my network settings on the router as well as in my NIC but my wired internet still keeps intermittently disconnecting. My PC uses an intel motherboard for reference.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Disabling IPv6 is not advisable. Issues with IPv6 typically lies elsewhere, e.g. partially broken hardware that the manufacturer has the sentiment of out of sight/current usage, out of mind.

This largely suggests bad RJ45 connectors/plugs. Or excessive nearby interference.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Disabling IPv6 is not advisable. Issues with IPv6 typically lies elsewhere, e.g. partially broken hardware that the manufacturer has the sentiment of out of sight/current usage, out of mind.

This largely suggests bad RJ45 connectors/plugs. Or excessive nearby interference.