Internet in my Area
Sokie1

Some of your partner sites tell me that I should be capable of recieving some of your internet plans, though when I went to a Verizon store they told me that Verizon stops at the end of my street. The verizon store told my family that they were building a new center near where I lived and it should be available late 2009, though it isn't available and it's late 2010.

What are the chances that you can run a cable 3/4 of a mile. I'm guessing that chance would be 0. Though no one here has the power to get internet down my street, so I guess this is just a straight fit of anger. There are no other internet services down my street except Satellite, which is $80 for a 1Mbps speed though it rarely runs at 100 Kbps. And there are several verizon customers that simply use the internet off of their phones here, since the mobile web things cost more than your landline packages and we don't need it to move. We need internet that is stationary and doesn't have a download limit.

0 Likes
Re: Internet in my Area
xxHopefulxx
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know exactly how you feel. Other sites that contribute to Verizon say that I can bundle with my phone( which I do get through Verizon).  Of course when we contact Verizon, it's still unavailable, and at the beggining of the street I live on ( like less than a mile a way) I know that they offer DSL.  Of course people on here always say that Verizon isn't expanding their DSL or Fios.  I mean come on, are we in the stone ages, this is bullcrap, didn't they just get a chunk of like 7 billion to solve these problems.  What are they doing with all that money,  just keeping it four their CEO's.  I personally think that if you can get TV and phone, you should be served internet.  But, in my case, they say the lines are too old and it would be too expensive to replace.  Well ok, that's cool just throw us under the bus and keep serving your in town customers so they can download a video 2 seconds faster, oh yea that's real important.  I'm considering getting rid of all my Verizon services and switching to ATT or whatever.

Re: Internet in my Area
Sokie1

Well, yeah, I'd go to AT&T but they don't offer service here either. I've checked everywhere, at&t, verizon, time warner cable, etc. It's impossible to get any reliable landline internet out here, and from what I checked into most of their lines stop just before our street. So this isn't just verizon for me... I just want some sort of landline internet that isn't dial-up.

0 Likes