Re: Killer 2100 network gaming card kicking while playing Bad Company 2
davyoneshoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

The thing is though i have zero problems with my on board lan and had zero problems with the killer card when i was with Comcast before i went to Fios, just a pain.

0 Likes
click4dylan
Contributor - Level 1

this is a known issue between the drivers and verizon's router. this isn't just bad company 2, it's any game that uses UDP. it happens when the card is offloading udp (when that is disabled it works). remove the westell/actiontec and the problem goes away. this has been a problem ever since bigfoot networks introduced their cards. there is no way to fix this unless the driver team can figure out the problem or verizon tests the card with their router and fixes the firmware in the router itself. one of those two

davyoneshoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Killer cards should come with a warning ''NOT COMPATIBLE VERIZON VIOS''  

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Given that's the case, is there an option to disable UDP Offloading on the Killer NIC? Should be either in the Device Manager Properties or in the NIC's control panel. Should solve the issues given that's the case.
davyoneshoe
Enthusiast - Level 2
davyoneshoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Device Manager Properties or in the NIC's control panel.

These options are not available

Hubrisnxs
Legend

an odd thing that may or may not be related, and don't jump on me if it was already discussed or a dumb idea, but verizon routers sometimes don't place nice using certain duplex settings. so if it's auto (which I see that it is) experiment using 100full duplex, and 100 half duplex.    

davyoneshoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will try the info you said......i wouldnt jump on something thats trying to help me out.

Hope it works i will get back if it does.

davyoneshoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok tried this and no joy still getting kicked from game.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

you tried it with 100 half got kicked off, and then switched to 100 full and still got kicked off?   bummer.  

I bet you're just overloading the VZ router,   you may have mentioned it, but do you have TV too or just internet with verizon?