Mac Mail problem
vandrv

I recently stareted having a problem with my email. I am using a Mac with Leopard , and for some reason I keep getting the message that Verizon has rejected my password and I am asked toenter it. Then it works for a while and then is rejected again. It never used to do this and I can't figure out how to stop it. Any ideas? Thanks for any help

Joe

0 Likes
Re: Mac Mail problem
abrish1

I also have recently started having the same problem on both my laptop & desktop Mac. I have tried everything and the problem is not on the computer end. It is with Verizon. I have tried everything a& the problem is still persisting. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanx! 

0 Likes
stevepgh
I have also noticed this.  I use two Verizon addresses (the main account plus one alias) as well as a gmail account with mac mail.  Both Verizon accounts have started sporadically rejecting the stored passwords.  The gmail account works fine.  I've tried resetting things right in the keychain manager, but the errors continue.  This only started happening in the last week or two.  I can't quantify "sporadically," but whenever I first sit down at the machine there is usually a password prompt to greet me.  While I'm on the computer, it will happen about once every hour or so.
0 Likes
typer164111

Me three as of today. I have Mail set to check the server every fifteen minutes?, and every other time it asks me for my password. Of course I tell it to save it in the keychain, I've even gone into the keychain and deleted everything with Verizon in the name and then reentered it at the next go but it will doesn't stick. Definite weed in the rear end, seems like a problem on Verizon's end (unfortunately).

Now if they would also just offer imap and ssl and get rid of ads at their web-based mail site! Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
vandrv
thanks for the replies. At least now I know it isn't me. Hopefully Verizon will get this fixed.
0 Likes
bharati

"Me six" with the same problem: inconsistent prompting for an incoming password.  It seems to be on the Verizon (and I believe also on Comcast) end.  The issue is relatively new with no changes having been made on my end.

0 Likes
killerbimbo
I have been having the same problem on my iBook!  It is driving me crazy!
0 Likes
bharati
No problem when using Entourage.
0 Likes
Arinel
Yep. Same problem here. Very frustrating.
0 Likes
bharati

DO YOU HEAR US, VERIZON?????

0 Likes