Re: New Gigabit Plan not available to existing customers
brettsea
Enthusiast - Level 2

I contacted a customer service agent directly too and got a cheaper price than listed on their website if I was doing a self-service upgrade.

0 Likes
FireFish1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not True:

I am a longtime exsiting 150 MBP/s customer who just upgraded to the Gigabit plan for an additional $20 a month without needing to renew my contract. I'm not quite sure when the new speeds begin to take effect, though.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@FireFish wrote:

Not True:

I am a longtime exsiting 150 MBP/s customer who just upgraded to the Gigabit plan for an additional $20 a month without needing to renew my contract. I'm not quite sure when the new speeds begin to take effect, though.

Would be nice to say whom you are replying to.

i have stand alone 150/150 I pay $84 a month. (Prices vary from market to market, web site to web site and person to person) I have no contract.

when I purchased this service I get a $10 & $25 account discount to arrive on that price peak.

on going through the Fios app, I took the Gigabyte upgrade which shows a monthly rate of $106 + $2.50 Municipal Construction Surcharge (which was $1.99 last month) 

so about $109. However it stated a prorate owed so it said my May invoice will be $112.00 it's all in writing.

now with the upgrade to bring the price down Verizon gives a $60 bill credit through two years. However I am under no contract. After two years my cost will be $90 higher since I lose the discounts.

so $194 I think it said. But that price could be negotiated down within two years.

$109 for this speed is a fantastic value right now. And new customers will get stand alone Gigabyte service for $70+ surcharges. If they own their own routers and have the $90 fee waived for install. (This can be done from the web and save even more)

A customer could always cancel their service and have a spouse or friend sign up as a new customer to get the cheaper pricing. It is still cheaper for new over existing customers which is a pity.

0 Likes
Jonks

Yeah, I see now it would cost $107/mo with the discounts.  Will think on it...

0 Likes
Jonks

So if I just do the gigabit internet it's $107/mo all in, but if I add the low end tv package, it'll be about $106/mo (for the first year).  Doesn't make much sense not to if those are the prices.

I also called up and they wouldn't better-deal the numbers I'm seeing online.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Jonks wrote:

Yeah, I see now it would cost $107/mo with the discounts.  Will think on it...

It's the best deal around at the moment. 

Cable  even at top numbers is 300/10 max. And that is not available all over. So it's either 60/5 or 100/5 for cable internet. Charter is asking for a $200 upgrade speed fee. Yikes 

their bundle price  for new customers is $90 for tv and phone and internet. For one year. Then add in box rental and taxes and fees and assorted below the line fees and you are paying over $120 the first year and it raises out of this world after that. 

I dont work for Verizon but I have had their cell service from day one and yep I pay a premium price, I took a chance on Verizon Fios and I must say it's a very good service.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Jonks wrote:

So if I just do the gigabit internet it's $107/mo all in, but if I add the low end tv package, it'll be about $106/mo (for the first year).  Doesn't make much sense not to if those are the prices.

They will throw in phone also if you need it. But $106 is a good rate with tv included. But beware the sports fees, taxes on tv, (no taxes on internet) and free year of HBO is included via the online ordering.

0 Likes
FireFish1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@jonjones wrote:

@FireFish wrote:

Not True:

Would be nice to say whom you are replying to.

i have stand alone 150/150 I pay $84 a month. (Prices vary from market to market, web site to web site and person to person) I have no contract.

when I purchased this service I get a $10 & $25 account discount to arrive on that price peak.

on going through the Fios app, I took the Gigabyte upgrade which shows a monthly rate of $106 + $2.50 Municipal Construction Surcharge (which was $1.99 last month) 

so about $109. However it stated a prorate owed so it said my May invoice will be $112.00 it's all in writing.

now with the upgrade to bring the price down Verizon gives a $60 bill credit through two years. However I am under no contract. After two years my cost will be $90 higher since I lose the discounts.

so $194 I think it said. But that price could be negotiated down within two years.

$109 for this speed is a fantastic value right now. And new customers will get stand alone Gigabyte service for $70+ surcharges. If they own their own routers and have the $90 fee waived for install. (This can be done from the web and save even more)

A customer could always cancel their service and have a spouse or friend sign up as a new customer to get the cheaper pricing. It is still cheaper for new over existing customers which is a pity.

I replied to the original post which started this thread

0 Likes
Jonks

@jonjones wrote:

@Jonks wrote:

They will throw in phone also if you need it. But $106 is a good rate with tv included. But beware the sports fees, taxes on tv, (no taxes on internet) and free year of HBO is included via the online ordering.

The plan is actually $75/mo (Double Play), but then you have the mandatory $12/mo tv box rental, plus taxes for 6.39) and tv broadcast ($3.49), plus $9 in verizon taxes and fees on top, so it comes out to $106, which is still less than gigabit internet alone.  I suppose the positive thing with this package is that new customers only pay $5 less/mo for the same deal, unlike the $70/mo new customers get for giga internet only, which would make me feel pretty ripped off if I was paying $37 more every month.  

0 Likes
c634life

i have 150/150 i am just waiting for April 30 for fix of billing is big mass to upgrade.

0 Likes