New Router CR1900A poor range
darknetone

I recently received a new Verizon Fios CR1900A Gateway 2022 Model from Verizon, I  set it up, added my WiFi networks, pulled my old G1100. And it appears that the CR1900A  has maybe 2/3 the range of the G1100. Some of my devices will no make a connection others have an unstable connection. NOTHING else in my network has changed. Same connections same devices same bands, just the router has changed. 

So unless there is a setting burred in the router somewhere I have to either get a different router or try their "Wi-Fi Extender Mini" devices. 

Any additional suggestions are welcomed.

0 Likes
2 Replies
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Clarification: Is the router the CR1000A? 🤔

0 Likes
darknetone

Yup 100% sure! 

The CR1900A has poo for range when compared to my old G1100

Also I have since reconfigured my Netgear AC1900 WiFi Mesh Extender (EX7000) and have a solution in place that solves problem however. 

I'd still like to know if I am missing something, in settings maybe?? I have tried the power save vs signal setting, even nuked IPv6 thinking maybe I was taxing the transceiver. Nope no positive results. Maybe a hidden menu.  

I have also rotated the router, perhaps antenna placement, nope, sitting in the same spot as its predecessor it has approx 2/3 the range, well it is fringy at the same distances as before. 

Maybe it needs some kind of sacrifice I have this lego I stepped on and am willing to offer it up. 

0 Likes