New Verizon CR1000A router Beeps each Restart
redvw211
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm a new Verizon customer with the New Verizon CR1000A router. This Router beeps three times each restart or reset. The first night I had this router it woke me up with the beeping sounds. I spoke with Verizon technical support and they heard the beep while on the call, but they don't have any solution to this noise.

Has anyone else experienced the beeps from the CR1000A router? Is there a way to permanently silence this router? Does Verizon's previous router also beep on restarts/reset?

I need a Verizon router that does not wake me up at night with beeps.

0 Likes
10 Replies
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I haven't took a look on CR1000A's circuit design. I never found a buzzer on VZ routers.

Are you subscribed to 2 Gig Fios? If not, you can roll back to a G3100 instead. G3100 does not have a buzzer, so it won't talk.

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Points to DSLR (dslreports.com) -> Forums -> US ISPs non-cable -> Verizon FiOS -> New Verizon CR1000A router B... 

Seems to be the same user.

Advise from me

You only need to use their NAT router for support from Verion and for Fios One TV (orFios TV One if I got that wrong).

Which means if you do not haveFios TV and or need support from then, you are welcome to use your own NAT router.

If you use your own NAT router support from them ends at the ONT.

DSLR User DoubleTap (# 223314)

First off I don’t own one so this is just speculation. The alert *could* be coming from a piezo AKA piezoelectric speaker alerting you of the reboot because VZ just pushed out a new firmware update. I run pfsense firmware on my own router and when my router-firewall boots, reboots or shuts down I always receive an audible alert which I like because it confirms the status.

^^

[EDIT] Lost what I was trying to post.

redvw211
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update- The beeping sound is coming from the ONT. Thought it was the router as they are very close to each other.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Contact verizon and they can send a tech out to replace the BBU with a power adapter so there is no more beeping. 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't see a BBU in the OP's setup. Also, I don't believe new installations still include a BBU unless the customer specifically request it. Edg1 can clarify on this.

redvw211
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not order, or install a BBU

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only sure way to tell what is beeping is to slide the ONT& power supply forward and listen. Neither my 211 or power supply make any sounds. The only hardware that beeped was the BBU associated with our old Tellabs 611 ONT.

Perchance is there a plugged in UPS in the immediate area? 🤔

redvw211
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I'm plugged into the UPS.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could the UPS be beeping....possibly warning of weak battery cells? 🤔

redvw211
Enthusiast - Level 2

The beeps are not coming from UPS, I can make the ONT beep by unplugging ethernet cables from the router, and hear the ONT beeping.

0 Likes