I am trying to get my pc running windows xp connected to the wireless network. I've gone through all the troubleshooting I can find on the connection. All the trouble shooting shows that the connections are fine, yet going into explorer I get a message that there is no internet connection. Very, very frustrated. Help.
You didn't give a lot of information to go on.
- What did you ping? Did it complete or not?
- Does your PC get a 192.168.1.x IP address, or does it get a 169.254.x.x. address?
- Can you ping the router?
- Can you login to the router?
- If so, what is the status of your WAN connection on the main status page?
- Have you tried a wired connection?
- Post the results of a traceroute to google.com