Nook Simple Touch won't connect to wi-fi
cpraphael

I purchased a new Nook Simple Touch this summer and used the Fios router to connect in my home.  Everything ran smoothly.  Recently, Verizon replaced our router and now I can't connect my Nook.  My Nook recognized the new network name and I entered the new WEP.  The Nook says it has "remembered" the correct wireless network and has "secured with WEP", yet it lists my connection with wi-fi as "unsuccessful".  I have read that other Nook users have experienced a similar problem with Verizon routers like mine - Actiontec MI424-WR Rev. F.  I am not especially tech savy and am not sure how to remedy this problem.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Re: Nook Simple Touch won't connect to wi-fi
rdlaub
Enthusiast - Level 3

@cpraphael wrote:

I purchased a new Nook Simple Touch this summer and used the Fios router to connect in my home.  Everything ran smoothly.  Recently, Verizon replaced our router and now I can't connect my Nook.  My Nook recognized the new network name and I entered the new WEP.  The Nook says it has "remembered" the correct wireless network and has "secured with WEP", yet it lists my connection with wi-fi as "unsuccessful".  I have read that other Nook users have experienced a similar problem with Verizon routers like mine - Actiontec MI424-WR Rev. F.  I am not especially tech savy and am not sure how to remedy this problem.  Thanks for your help.

Hi.  I had the same problem and spent hours trying to fix it by calling customer support at both Verizon and Barnes and Noble.  Neither had the right answer.  I finally found the answer here.  http://www.opposable-thumbs.com/2011/12/11/fixing-a-nook-simple-touchs-wireless-connection/.

It sounds complicated but if you follow it step by step very carefully it works.  I hope it works for you.

0 Likes