ONT beeping but can't find BBU??
ambeep

Hi all,

I have an ONT setup for Fios Internet only with a Power Adaptor Nokia part number 3mv00736aaab. It has been beeping on and off for roughly 2 weeks now but for the life of me can NOT find any sort of BBU or Power Reserve near my install. I did find a Verizon document that said BBU are not normally installed with these ONT so  I'm really not sure how to proceed.

Here's a picture of the ONT setup  in the basement plus a box outside that I am fairly sure isn't the BBU either - can anyone tell me where the BBU is from either picture? Or how to otherwise stop the beeping that's been driving me nuts? Thanksontboxes.jpegoutsidebox.jpeg

0 Likes
1 Solution
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't have a BBU.  I'm not aware of any beepers in the power supply or ONT.  They've never beeped in my house, and I've had them for many years.

You could unplug the power feed from the ONT to see if the beeps change.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You do not have a BBU.  The inside boxes are the ONT and a power supply.  The outside box is an old phone "network interface device," which is a legal term for a connection block that clearly delineates the end of the phone company's wires and the beginning of yours.  It should be completely unused with fios.

I'm not aware of any beepers in either the ONT or the power supply.  What makes you think the beeping is coming from the fios equipment?  Could you have a low battery in a nearby smoke or CO detector?

ambeep

Unplugging the power supply seems to be the only thing that made the beeping stop.

My first thought was also CO2/Smoke detectors but the ones in the basement were all taken upstairs to verify it wasn't that - the ones in the house are also not making beeps.

When the CO2/smoke detectors are removed, the beeping in the basement continues unless the power supply is unplugged. 

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't have a BBU.  I'm not aware of any beepers in the power supply or ONT.  They've never beeped in my house, and I've had them for many years.

You could unplug the power feed from the ONT to see if the beeps change.