Ordered Fios, says I have ONT at address, I don't...send tech. note?
beanboy1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Order is pending, but during the order process, happened to notice below the main order area a message stating the house is Fios-ready. However, there's no fiber to the house or ONT box.

Asked online help before ordering that there is no fiber/ONT to the house, and they said a technician will handle install, but guessing they have the same information I was seeing during the order process.

Install is scheduled a week from tomorrow, 10/3, assume they will actually test to see if ONT is present, and if not, send a truck to run an overhead line to the house from the pole? In addition, there's no indoor outlet where the utilities come in, and backboard space is at a premium both indoor and out thanks to a solar install.

Should I use the "Leave technician a note" feature within my account page to confirm process/ask how much an outlet install will be, or contact Verizon directly?

Thanks, looking forward to having a solid upstream versus Comcast.

0 Likes
2 Replies
beanboy1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact wording is, "Your home is already wired for Fios..."

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi beanboy,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.