Problem with Verizon - from no dial-tone to no Internet - all in a month!
stany
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having problem with Verizon for almost a month.

1. No Dial Tone on phone line, along with rare intermittent DSL/Broadband connection.

2. After request for repair, about a week, my phone back on with static/noise, while my DSL getting slow, and intermittent happen more often.

3. Around a day before Thanksgiving 2014 till Tuesday, no DSL line (DSL light on modem keeps blinking), heavy intermittent, about a minute before another disconnection. Verizon agent said there were large outage around my area, they promised till end of Tuesday.

4. Two days later I got the internet back, but stay with intermittent DSL, not as often as before, and variable speed on DSL ranged from 3360kbps to 256kbps (not typos, real 256kbps), even dial-up speed of circa 1999 have faster speed than my DSL now.

5. Today, my phone got heavy static noise before going OFF, while my internet getting worse too.

Still haven't seen any horizon yet with verizon.......will have try to find alternate choice for internet even if have to pay more. 

0 Likes
Re: Problem with Verizon - from no dial-tone to no Internet - all in a month!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi stany,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes